HE220 Humidifier Wiring on Lennox Pulse

Old 03-02-08, 09:03 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HE220 Humidifier Wiring on Lennox Pulse

Looking for some advice.

I would like to know if it is possible to wire this humidifier directly to the furnace control board. It does not have a 24 hum spot on the board - I do see it does have 24VAC low voltage terminal strip with fuse on the control box - R, W, Y, G, and C are on the board.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-08, 12:20 PM
I know I am going off the subject here, but how old is the furnace? Have had anyone out over the years to do a pressure check on the heat exchanger, and replace the flappers?

Lennox Pulse are no longer made due to the heat exchanger issues they had. If you had not had this done of the whole time you've owned this furnace, I'd advise you to call a Lennox dealer to have it checked out.

No, this furnace does not had a placement on the control for wire a humidifier to... How ever, you could wire it to R and C, but the transformer may not be strong enough to support it.

Old 03-02-08, 12:41 PM
T
Flappers changed in 98 and 06. Furnace is 12 yrs old. 2 fan relays...just biding time to get a new one. I just bought this house - everyone tells me about the wonderful furnace I have. Thanks for the advice.

Old 03-02-08, 08:59 PM
They are great furnace as long they have been taken cared of, and get the pressure testing done on it.

They are louder than the newer 90% you can get now days.

If you are planning on getting a few furnace, i would hold off on the humidifier for now, and have it put on with the new furnace.