Honeywell TrueSteam & Trane Heat Pump Wiring

Old 10-29-08, 01:22 PM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell TrueSteam & Trane Heat Pump Wiring

I installed a TrueSteam HM512, TrueIAQ Humidistat and I have a TRANE TWE065E13FB2 furnace/heat pump.

My problem is the wiring..... I am not sure that the hookups shown in the TrueSteam or Humidstat books are correct for me mostly because of the furnace wiring.
I did connect the 24VAC for TrueSteam to Humidstat RC and HUM to HUM on both devices. I set dip switch 4 = on TrueSteam and ....nothing.
I suspect connecting the "Switch" to "R" on the Humidistat probably would make the TrueSteam work; but I didn't do that yet because it is not the way I want the system to function. What I did do is remove the Humidistat from the base and jumper HUM to HUM, this made the TrueSteam work and I verified that it is OK.
On the furnace I verified that the "G" terminal changes from 25VAC to 27VAC when the fan is activated from the thermostat (Chrontherm IV+), "W1-W3" change from 0.9VAC to 28VAC for a heat call and so does "Y".
What I think the final hookup should be is to connect the furnace "W1-W3" (tied together on board) to the Humidistat "W" and furnace "B" (common) to Humidistat "C". No connections on TrueSteam except as mentioned previously.

I have pictures of the furnace wiring if needed.

Any comments would be appreciated

Dennis

Old 10-30-08, 09:18 AM
I would wire at this page 13, wire set up for TrueIAQ.

Leave dip switch 4 and 5 off.

Old 10-30-08, 08:42 PM
Z
Still Have Troubles

OK I assume you mean page 13 of the IAQ manual. I wire it up per the diagram assuming the dehumidifer shown is really a humidifer and so I used the HUM terminal instead of the DEHUM. Now the IAQ is powered from the furnace and gets heat and fans calls. The only connection to Truesteam is the two HUM terminals. I set DIP switch 5 to off.

Now I get a "call sevice" message on the Truesteam, 7 blinks. This was the reason I set the DIP on originally.

Any more ideas?

Old 10-30-08, 09:07 PM
Install Manual

I mean to wire it as shown on this manual above.

Page 15 how it should be wired.

Old 11-01-08, 12:33 PM
Z
Unhappy Still no steam

I have the IAQ, TrueSteam and Trane hooked up per page 15 of the Truesteam manual (upper right diagram). On the Trane common (C) is blue so I made that change. I don't use the AFS but put the wire in which connects common TrueSteam to common Trane.

Powered up TrueSteam with no faults. All DIP switches off. Turned on furnace. Increased furnace temp setpoint to force operation, IAQ calling for humidity on the indicator on face and measures 24vac to common on both HUM terminals. NO STEAM YET.

Actually the IAQ calls for humidity indepedent of the furnace setting.

Any ideas?

Old 11-01-08, 02:43 PM
Is G and O wired up to G and W at the True IAQ control?

Old 11-01-08, 04:47 PM
Z
Red face Partial Success

Not yet. I understand those wires are for "automatic" operation.

Late breaking news - after my last post I got the Truesteam to run. I did this by reversing the 24VAC feed from the Truesteam to the IAQ. By measuring the voltages at the IAQ HUM terminals, with NO HUMDITY call the voltage on one HUM was 28VAC and the other about 20VAC. This should be close to zero IMHO, so I reversed the 24VAC feed at the TrueSteam and it worked. Now the 20VAC is more like zero.

The bad news is the TrueSteam went for an hours or so (I turned the furnace fan on to make sure circulation continued) and now the "humidifying" light is off even the IAQ is calling for steam.

Old 11-01-08, 07:37 PM
I don't have time this weekend, but I will on Mon. or Tuesday try to draw out how I think it should be wired up, and post it back on here for you.

Old 11-04-08, 05:21 PM
Z
More Info

I did wire up the G&O to G&W as suggested. The Truesteam did start and run fro a while. I have not been able to get the IAQ to call for humidity as it has been raining all weekend and the ouside humdity is about 70%, inside about 30%.

I don't know about the inner workings of the IAQ but I assume that the high humidty is suppressing the calls for humidity.

I think the wiring diagram that you voluteered would still be useful to me to verify the setup. I am still mystified about swapping the HUM terminals mentioned in my earlier post. These are supposed to be AC!

I still don't like the "floating" grounds that I measure with my voltmeter. BTW the furnace B is tied to the frame.

Old 11-05-08, 10:28 AM
Z
Wiring this Way

Here is the wiring diagram that I am using currently. I can make the IAQ call for humidity. The TrueSteam usually comes on as requested; however, it also turns itself off after about 20min enven thought the IAQ calls for humidity. I noticed that I could rap on the TrueSteam and it would start up again for awhile. I removed TrueStream cover and checked for loose wires - all tight. This morning the TrueSteam is woking with the cover removed - it has been on for about 60minutes now. Is there a high temp limit switch in this thing that is flakey?

I can't attach the wiring diagram - if you tell me how to get it to you I will send it.

Old 02-28-09, 07:09 AM
H
What color is the common on the Trane?

If the diagram offer is still available, please share. I am having the exact problems as this thread.

Thanks in advance

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: