True Steam Installation Problem

Old 11-30-08, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnieReb View Post
Guys, thanks for the help, where can I send you some beer? I'll let you know how it works out tomorrow.
I don't drink beer... I'll take a Coke instead!

Old 11-30-08, 06:45 PM
J
Originally Posted by Jay11J View Post
That is the wrong relay....

That relay is used for 120 volt, not 24 volts.. You want the A50 instead.
I have the 50. The 51 is used for 120 volts.

Old 11-30-08, 06:55 PM
I have the 50. The 51 is used for 120 volts.
I am not used the RP50, I am aware the 51, and just had the numbers mixed up.

Old 11-30-08, 09:13 PM
J
I am not used the RP50, I am aware the 51, and just had the numbers mixed up.
LOL....no problem. Thanks again for you help. Ill let you know by 10 am if it worked

Old 11-30-08, 09:58 PM
Sounds like a plan.. I'll check in before I go into work at noon.

Old 12-01-08, 09:16 AM
J
ITS FIXED!! It was the G from T-stat to the GT on the True Steam that did the trick.

I did however have to keep the relay hooked up to the humidistat instead of to C. The humidifier would not shut off with the relay hooked up to C.

Thanks again for your help. I owe you guys big time!

Old 12-01-08, 09:36 AM
I did however have to keep the relay hooked up to the humidistat instead of to C. The humidifier would not shut off with the relay hooked up to C.
Was the humidistat calling for humidity or not? If it was calling for humidity, then yes, it's going to run and run the fan till the set point is met.

Old 12-01-08, 08:22 PM
J
Was the humidistat calling for humidity or not? If it was calling for humidity, then yes, it's going to run and run the fan till the set point is met.
Well I assume because the fan continually runs and the humidistat is set at 60% (air temp over 20 degrees) that the True Steam is controlling it. I am in a new tight house and I am curious if the True Steam will eventually pump in enough humidity to be sufficient and so that it will shut down. Right now, the only time it is shutting down is right before the burners kick on.

The other thing too, I have the humidistat mounted on the return. Being that its in the basement, will it give off higher humidity levels than what is actually in the upper 2 floors? I have a "weather station" on the 1st floor that has read 39% RH indoors all day and it has not gone up even though the fan has been running all day.

Added: Just spoke with my wife, she said the fan has stopped running so I now assume the humidifier has caught up.

Last edited by JohnieReb; 12-01-08 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-01-08, 09:12 PM
Well I assume because the fan continually runs and the humidistat is set at 60% (air temp over 20 degrees) that the True Steam is controlling it.
60% is awful high..... 35% is good with your temps now.

I am in a new tight house
They put in an 80% furnace in a new house? MN, they do not allow 80% in new homes, it must be 90+%

The other thing too, I have the humidistat mounted on the return. Being that its in the basement, will it give off higher humidity levels than what is actually in the upper 2 floors?
As long the hole on the back is cut out into the return, it's going to read the humidity reading in the duct, not the basement. IN the return, it's going to get an avg reading though out the house.

I have a "weather station" on the 1st floor that has read 39% RH indoors all day and it has not gone up even though the fan has been running all day.
It may take some time for the humidity to "soak" into the wood works, and other object in the home.

Old 12-02-08, 06:08 AM
J
60% is awful high..... 35% is good with your temps now.
The humidistat wouldnt kick on unless I had it up to 60%

They put in an 80% furnace in a new house? MN, they do not allow 80% in new homes, it must be 90+%
In IL, you have the option. The builder wanted an extra $1500 to install a 90%. It wasnt worth the cost or the benefit. I'll put in a 90% when this one craps out.

As long the hole on the back is cut out into the return, it's going to read the humidity reading in the duct, not the basement. IN the return, it's going to get an avg reading though out the house.
Thanks! Thats the way I have it.

It may take some time for the humidity to "soak" into the wood works, and other object in the home.
That makes sense. Thanks again!

Old 12-02-08, 07:37 AM
Or you can bring the truck and hose down the house a tiny bit!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: