Help! Honeywell H360A is leaking from the bottom

Old 12-18-08, 07:30 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help! Honeywell H360A is leaking from the bottom

I just installed a Honeywell H360A to my system last week. It's been running fine for the past week. I went to the basement tonight and there was a puddle around my heating system, so I started to investigate.

I have water leaking from the humidifier when it runs. I took the housing unit off, and plugged it in, turned it on, and watched the water run through the filter. It flows through the top fine, and seems to be okay. I put the cover back on, and water pours out from the bottom of the cover and down the wiring? I even tried lowering the amount of water that enters the system

What do I do? Is it a bad unit? filter? to much water? am I doing somthing wrong? anyone else have this problem. We've shut the unit down for now until we can figure out why water only leaks when the fan/cover is on. Anyone have insight?

Old 12-18-08, 07:34 PM
M
I wanted to also add that the unit is level from left to right. The unit itself naturally tapers back toward the heating duct.

Old 12-19-08, 07:59 PM
Make sure the holder is snapped into place..

Then the drain port (Frame holding the pad) is going into the drain hole on the main housing.

On the pad, there may be a paint strip, that has to be on top.

Old 12-20-08, 11:07 AM
M
I did make sure that the drain is properly attached to the unit. I checked with the filter, and the black mark is on the top.

Old 12-20-08, 01:36 PM
With the cover off, you able to see water on the main housing?

Or take the holder that holds the pad out of the main housing, and undo the water line..

Then take your thumb and close off the drain, and fill the tray with water to see if you have a cracked frame.

Old 11-30-09, 04:19 PM
J
HE360 Leak

I have just completed installation of a HE360 and have the same leak issue as mjc. Was there ever any resolution?

Two things I have noticed:
The filter tray does not have an o-ring to seal it to the drain. Should it?

Sometimes, but not all, when the fan kicks in for my heat system the water will bubble through the filter and hit the fan. I'm guessing my static pressure may be too high. When the instructions call for 0.4 in WC, should that be measured between the air return and the duct just above the heater jacket (air out), or as difference between the duct above the heater jacket and atmosphere outside of the duct?

If my SP is too high, what are my options?

Thanks.

Old 12-01-09, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by jnunleyj View Post
I have just completed installation of a HE360 and have the same leak issue as mjc. Was there ever any resolution?
Not sure, the poster never got back to me on this.

The filter tray does not have an o-ring to seal it to the drain. Should it?
Nope.

When the instructions call for 0.4 in WC, should that be measured between the air return and the duct just above the heater jacket (air out),
Yes.
If my SP is too high, what are my options?
Blower might be set too high, and/or furnace is too big for the ductwork.

Old 12-02-09, 05:56 PM
J
So I played around with the dampers in my ductwork and measured the static pressure, in the worst case scenario the Static Pressure barely read 0.4 in H20.

I'm no longer getting bubbles of any kind, I'm guessing it was related to water flow rate.
What I found was that my water valve may be too hefty for the job. I hate the thought of a saddle valve, so I tapped into my plumbing with a tee to a 1/2" gate valve that ran into a 1/4" legris fitting. I changed the fitting at the solenoid to a legris and ran poly tubing. If I run the gate valve at something like 1/64th of a turn open it appears to work fine. Anything more than that it leaks. So basically the gate valve only works at the hairy edge of closed.
I'm thinking about putting a small flow control in line after the gate valve, so the gate valve isn't so critical. I should be able to get one from work for nothing.

Thanks for your help Jay. If you have any other suggestion hit me up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: