110V HUM to 24V humidifier

Old 02-01-09, 09:30 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
110V HUM to 24V humidifier

I have a Heil furnace with Hwell controller. It has male HUM contacts at 110V. I bought a humidifier with a transformer 110to 24V. I cannot hook the humidifier direct to the HUM terminal. But I cannot find a 24Volt that cycles with the furnace turning on off. I also have an EWC control panel for the dampers. It seems crazy to me that I cannot find a 24V tap to go direct to the humidifier. Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 02-02-09, 09:29 AM
You wire the transformer to the 120v HUM terminal on the furnace and then wire the low voltage side to your humidifier/humidstat.

What is the make and model is the humidifier?

Old 02-03-09, 02:37 PM
A
it is a desert spring. The Xformer is came with is a 110V two prong (household). I could use it and add wires with terminators from the HUM to it, but it seems silly. I already have 24VAC - isn't there a place where it is live only when the fan is on? As I said I have an EWC damper control panel. But I checked it and did not see a relay cycle with the fan. Buying a switch or relay seems Xpensive compared to wiring the Xformer. But I am still surprised off the thermostat or something I cannot get 24V that cycles with the fan.

Jay, thanks for the help. I read alot here looking for a similiar post. You do a great job.

Old 02-03-09, 06:39 PM
You could try this.

Take the two wires from the humidifier it self, and wire it to W and C on the furnace.

If the furnace acts up, then we have to remove it, and use the transformer. With this, then I would suggest to mount a single outlet on the side of the furnace, and wire the outlet to the HUM on the board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: