Wiring Aprilaire 700 to VisionPro IAQ EIM

Old 02-08-09, 04:14 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring Aprilaire 700 to VisionPro IAQ EIM

I'm lost. I got my Vision Pro IAQ hooked up to my Carrier Infinity Gas furnace and the AC and heat are working correctly.

I cannot figure out how to hook up the Aprilaire 700 to the EIM. From what I understand I do not need the humistat but that leaves me only the two brown wires coming out of the 700 to hook up.

The Aprilaire humistat has R C and two H terminals so I am assuming that somewhere along the line the R terminal on the EIM needs to be used along with the C terminal on the IAQ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-08-09, 07:41 PM
One brown wire goes to C.

Other brown wire goes to HUM2.

Add a jumper wire from one of the R's down to HUM1.

Plug the 700 into a regular outlet.

Old 02-09-09, 06:29 PM
H
Run Humidifier with Fan

This does work but the humidifier will come on only when the heat is on. I would like the humidifier to work when the heat and/or fan is running. I found the below in the Infinity furnace manual.

Humidifier (HUM) Screw terminals (HUM and Com) are provided for 24-v humidifier connection, HUM terminal is energized with 24v (.5 amp maximum) after inducer motor prepurge period.

NOTE: a field supplied, 115v controlled relay connected to EAC terminals, Electronic air cleaner terminals, may be added if humidifier operation is desired during blower operation.

Does this mean that the IAQ will not control the humidifer during only blower operation and I would need the controlled relay or is there another way to have the humidifier come on when the fan is blowing?

Thanks in advance,

Old 02-09-09, 08:10 PM
Having it on with heat only is the best way to go.. I ran mine to run with heat or fan in the past, it ran a lot more, and lot of water was wasted.

I change the set up menu to run with heat only, it kept up just fine, and less water was wasted.

May I ask why you want it to run with fan ON?

Old 02-10-09, 05:21 AM
H
Humidifier with Fan

The humidity is my house is fairly low and I am trying to get the humidity up a little so there is less static and dryness. The weather is now at that stage where there is little call for heat in the house and when the thermostat is turned down at night there is little or no heat running until the morning.

I will have to check the thermostat setting and see if it is set for heat only or heat or fan. Will changing that setting turn the humidifier on with heat and/or fan?

Old 02-10-09, 07:12 AM
Then set #374 to 0

With that setting, the humidifier will come on when there's call for heat, or fan is running.

Do you have the W1 and W2 wired up by itself, and was it like that before the IAQ?

Old 02-10-09, 07:53 AM
H
On the Infinity connections there is a W2 and a W/W1 connections. These are jumpered together on the furnance side.

On the IAQ I hooked the furnace W/W1/W2 to the IAQ W terminal and did not jumper ther other W2 and W3 on the IAQ.

Old 02-10-09, 08:27 AM
Wire W1 to W1 by itself.

Wire W2 to W2 by itself.

Remove the jumper wires between the W's.

You may have dip switch we may have to change.. What's the model # of the furnace?

Also, do you have Dhum wired up too?

Old 02-10-09, 08:56 AM
H
I confused at this point on what I am trying to do or accomplish.

The Infinity that I have is a 58MVP (not sure of the rest, I have it at home.)

Are you saying on the three lines below to hook the furnace W/W1 to the IAQ W1 and the furnance W2 to the IAQ W2 and take off the jumper on the furnace side?

Wire W1 to W1 by itself.
Wire W2 to W2 by itself.
Remove the jumper wires between the W's.

You may have dip switch we may have to change.. What's the model # of the furnace?

Also, do you have Dhum wired up too? No I do not

Old 02-10-09, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by hugginsg View Post
I confused at this point on what I am trying to do or accomplish.
Right now, your furnace is "Crippled" running as a single stage furnace with W1 and W2 wired together. I want you to take a full advantage of the two stage comfort that the IAQ and the furnace can give you. You paid good money for these two things, might as well take advantage of it.

Is your A/C new? If so, what's the model on that as well?

Once we get that info, we'll check the A/C- dipswitch to make sure they are set up to match your A/C system.

Are you saying on the three lines below to hook the furnace W/W1 to the IAQ W1 and the furnance W2 to the IAQ W2 and take off the jumper on the furnace side?
Correct.

When you do have that wired up, you need to go to the dipswitch "SW-2" and set that to "ON". Rest of the SW- should be in "OFF" mode.

Also, do you have Dhum wired up too? No I do not
I would suggest to take a full advantage of the variable speed blower. When the humidity is high, the DHUM will slow down the blower and help remove the humidity from the air.

On the EIM, run a jumper wire from one of the R's down to DHUM1.

Then hook up a wire to DHUM2 going to the furnace board DEHUM.

Next to that there is a DE jumper that needs to be removed.

Old 02-10-09, 04:42 PM
H
Is your A/C new? If so, what's the model on that as well?
The AC unit is the same age as the furnance and all were installed at the same time and are Carrier.

The model number for the unit above the furnace is CK5AXA042000AAAA. (evaporator coils)

The outside AC model number is : 38TRA042330

Once we get that info, we'll check the A/C- dipswitch to make sure they are set up to match your A/C system.

When you do have that wired up, you need to go to the dipswitch "SW-2" and set that to "ON". Rest of the SW- should be in "OFF" mode.
I cannot tell what set of DIP switches you want me to change. I have three sets of DIP switches:

Continuous FAN setup switches (3 DIP switches) Current setting UDU
AC Setup switches (3 DIP switches) Current settings UDU
Setup switches and blower off delay setup switches (8 DIP switches) Current settings ALL DOWN

I would suggest to take a full advantage of the variable speed blower. When the humidity is high, the DHUM will slow down the blower and help remove the humidity from the air.

On the EIM, run a jumper wire from one of the R's down to DHUM1.

Then hook up a wire to DHUM2 going to the furnace board DEHUM.
I do not have a DEHUM on the furnace board. There is a Dehumidifier (DH) connector on the furnance but from the manual it appears to be a spade type connector and not a screw down terminal.

My manual says Dehumidification (DH) A 1/4 inch male quick connect terminal is provided on control center to attach a normally open (N/O) humistat contact when dehumidification is desires. Connect humistat to thermostat R terminal and DH terminal and DH terminal on control center. A 15 percent reduction of cooling airflow or constand fan airflow will occur when DH terminal is energized and a single or 2 speed "call for cooling" is received.

Next to that there is a DE jumper that needs to be removed.
Cannot find a DE jumper on the furnace board.

Once I get everything back from you I will not probably do anything until this weekend so I have time to do it right.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by Jay11J; 02-10-09 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Added quote to make reading easier.
Old 02-10-09, 05:51 PM
H
I forgot to add that the furnace is a 58MVP100-20

Old 02-10-09, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by hugginsg View Post
I forgot to add that the furnace is a 58MVP100-20
What Series is it?

Good sized furnace, how big is the home?

Old 02-11-09, 05:11 AM
H
I will need to look up the series. Where would that information be located? In the manual on sticker somewhere on the unit?

The house is a two story colonial of around 2500 SF with an unfinished basement.

I noticed that the humidifier is not on all the time when the fan is blowing and is still coming on with heat only. The thermostat is registering 30% humidity but I set the thermostat humidity to 45% just to see what would happen and the humidifier does not appear to be running with just the fan. It has been set at that level for a little over a day.

Old 02-11-09, 06:40 AM
The Series should be on the sticker inside of the furnace with the model # and serial #

Sure the set up menu #374 is set to 0?

A wire from one of the R's down to HUM1?

Old 02-11-09, 07:24 AM
H
Ok I will check for the series number when I get home anlong with the R to the HUM 1. I am sure that this has been done.

I did check the 374 setting last night and it is set on 0.

Old 02-11-09, 04:25 PM
H
The full model number is 58MVP100---12120. The series is 120

Old 02-11-09, 09:01 PM
Ok, I did try to look up the 120 series, and not much info, I did see you are correct, your board only has the DEHUM.

Once you do get the wired up, and able to run the A/C mode let me know. we may have to change a setting to make it work for your furnace.

As for dipswitch settings, you want to set SW-2 (Row 1 to 8 switches) to ON, (up) when you do wire W1 and W2

Old 02-12-09, 05:08 AM
H
So the below is what I am going to do for now:

1. Wire W1 on furnace to W1 on IAQ by itself.
2. Wire W2 on furnace to W2 on IAQ by itself.
3. Remove the jumper wires between the W's on the furnace
4. Set SW-2 (Row 1 to 8 switches) to ON, (up)

Nothing with DEHUM on furnace or the IAQ side yet.

Old 02-12-09, 07:19 AM
Correct.

These are the settings I'd suggest.. If you have "E" displayed, I'd suggest to change that to a number value, since the E is used for a zoned system.

110-0
120 to 160 you can figure it out.

172-1
176-1
180-0

220-2

240-2
250-3

280-1

340-0
342- Did you get an outdoor sensor?

370-1
372- if you did get the outdoor sensor, set to 3
374- I perfer 3, you want 0
379-1 (This one we may have to change, when you do wire up the Dehum)
383-1

390- are you gone for a long time in the summer?

400- do you have fresh air system (Air exchanger/HRV)?

Rest of them you can figure out, but let me know if you unsure.

Old 02-12-09, 07:38 AM
H
342- Did you get an outdoor sensor?
Yes I received it yesterday, hooked it up and it is working ok and registering on the thermostat display.

390- are you gone for a long time in the summer?
No

400- do you have fresh air system (Air exchanger/HRV)?
No

I will look at my thermostat settings and change accordingly and hook up the connections.

Old 02-14-09, 04:28 PM
H
OK, I have made the changes, remove jumper on furnace, wire W/W1 from furnace to W1 on EIM, wire W2 on furnace to W2 on EIM, set DIP switch #2 to up position.

The only question I have at this point is why was the DIP switch #2 is set to up to set the fan to low fan? DOes this prevent the fan from ever running in high?

Anything to do next?

Old 02-14-09, 09:38 PM
SW-2 is telling the board if there is a two stage stat or not, nothing to do with the blower speed.

Since it was having a jumper between W1 and W2, your furnace was going in 2nd (high) stage all times.

Now with it wired up as we got it, the furnace is going to run 1st stage and only fire off 2nd stage if you are in recovery mode, or if the 1st stage no longer can't keep up on a cold day, or if you bump the temp up higher.

With the 1st stage wired up right, you are going to get a longer run time, longer run time will alllow the humidifier do it's job, and give you a better comfort.

Old 12-28-12, 08:26 AM
I
This thread is very helpful - 1 quick question

I am installing the 700 in a similar manner - 1 question? Do I have to use the transformer to 24V running from the brown wires, or can that be skipped and the 24v comes from the EIM?

Old 12-28-12, 07:56 PM
I am installing the 700 in a similar manner - 1 question? Do I have to use the transformer to 24V running from the brown wires, or can that be skipped and the 24v comes from the EIM?

It's up to you.. You don't need a transformer. Just use the 24 from the R's, and jumper that down to the HUM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: