Kenmore Dehumidifier 50pts: not working

Old 06-26-09, 11:03 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Dehumidifier 50pts: not working

Hello everyone, I am glad I found this site, hopefully saves me some high repair costs.

I have a Kenmore Dehumidfier
Model# 25357510791
50 pints/24 hrs
Amps 7.3
Refrigerant 22 7.5oz

The unit turns on, and the fan works, but it doesnt dehumidify. The bucket never fills with water. I have had it for a couple of years, and it would easily fill a bucket of water a day during the summer. I am thinking that maybe it is a condenser or a compressor problem? I am not much of a handy man. Anyone has had this problem on their Kenmore dehumidifiers?

I appreciate your help and suggestions.

Thanks,

Ben

Old 07-11-09, 07:02 PM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Bump--for same problem. Unit turns on, runs & sounds normal. Everything is clean. Compressor runs & gets hot but coils don't get cold. How can I determine what failed...and of course is it worth repairing?
I'm pretty handy, with a good arsenal of tools & test gear. But I don't have any experience with AC & heat pumps. So don't hold back on the technical suggestions.

Old 07-14-09, 10:57 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
It's not a DIY solution but maybe this will help someone else with the same problem. If it seems to run fine but doesn't remove water it's likely the refrigerant has leaked out. Seems to be common with these newer import units. Sears has a 5-year warranty on the sealed ref. system--just take it in for warranty repair. I had my receipt but wasn't asked for it. They must just go off the serial number or a sticker somewhere on it.

Once the warranty expires just put it on the curb. I doubt it could be serviced cheaper than replaced.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: