TrueSteam wiring w/Tempstar furnace and heatpump

Old 09-27-09, 07:11 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
TrueSteam wiring w/Tempstar furnace and heatpump

I just mounted the HM506 and trying to find some help with the wiring. I will be using the manual control that came with it.
The gas furnace is a new Tempstar 80k 95% 2 stage variable and I also have a Tempstar heat pump if that matters.

My problem is I have no diagrams for the TrueSteam or the furnace. I do know there's a HUM terminal on the furnace circuit board but that's all I know. What is the best way to wire this up. Do I need to use the transformer that came with it for the 24v or is there a place to get that off the furnace? Do I need to hook the HUM terminal on the furnace to the humidifier?

I would get this installed by the contractor that installed the furnace but I've been waiting for him to come back and install this humidifier since March (when he installed the furnace). I'm tired of waiting and getting the runaround when I call him. I've tried the two other contractors in town but they don't want to mess with such a small job. Did I mention I live in a small town and finding good service anyplace can be a challenge? So it would be much appreciated if I could get some wiring instructions for this.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-09, 11:06 PM
L
I guess I should also mention the thermostat for the furnace/heat pump is a White-Rodgers.
Finally found a manual with the diagram of the TrueSteam but I think I'm still only halfway there. I can see where the R, C and GF goes to the wiring block in the furnace but not sure about the C and R that's supposed to go to the HVAC Power Master.
Off to search for an install manual of the Tempstar.

Old 09-28-09, 08:09 PM
What is the full model # on everything?

Old 09-29-09, 10:21 PM
L
Thanks for the response Jay but it's done now. I finally got the contractor that installed the furnace to come over last night and wire it up and it's working great. Now my wife is happy so I can be happy too.

Old 09-30-09, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear it's done, and things are working.. Don't want to be stuck in the dog house this winter!

Old 10-12-09, 09:39 AM
L
I have one more question regarding the Truesteam Jay. When I mounted this unit I installed it on the return air duct which also has the fresh air pipe plumbed into it. That's what I interpreted the "supply side" to be. Now I'm wondering if that was the correct location. When the HVAC tech came and wired it up he said that was fine. Should it be in the warm air duct instead?
I'm asking because after looking in the manual again it appears it's not on the return but on the warm side.

Old 10-12-09, 07:41 PM
The Steam unit MUST be on the supply air side. If you have it on the return, shut if off, and fix it before you damage anything.

Supply side is the warm side of the duct supplying air into the home.

Return is the cool/room air going down into the furnace.

Should be installed as show on page 5 and 6.

Old 10-14-09, 07:59 PM
L
Glad I checked. Thanks a lot. I'll get it switched.