Wiring Aprilaire 700 to run with blower unit??

Old 11-11-09, 04:34 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wiring Aprilaire 700 to run with blower unit??

Hello,
I am new to this site, but darn glad I found it! I have a Lennox high efficiency furnace G-61, single stage fan. No A/C, No additional humidistat other than what came with the Aprilaire model 700T humidifier control. It is a dial with off, numbers 1-7 then test/reset. This unit has been wired to run when the heat is on only. Part of the house has been remodeled with in-floor heat and the furnace does not kick on as often as it used to. In addition, the furnace is turned way down at night...so no moisture is introduced in the air when we want it most.

Question: Currently, the humidifier control is hooked up to an outside temperature sensor and set to automatic.

the R and C of the control is wired: C from control to C of the furnace; R of control to W of the furnace. The thermostat (honeywell vision pro-not IAQ) is wired to R, W, and G of the furnace.

In order to get the humidifier to run when the fan blower is on, is this a matter of changing the control R to the furnace G??

Thank you in advance for your help. Would the an upgrade to IAQ thermostat be beneficial/compatible. No dehumidification is possible, but then in AK, no air conditioning is ever needed, and it is not humid in the summer.

Currently I can only get the RH to 23% at 20 Degrees OAT.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-09, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by frozen molar View Post
I have a Lennox high efficiency furnace G-61, single stage fan.
That is a two stage furnace, W2 is not wired up on the furnace and VP?

In order to get the humidifier to run when the fan blower is on, is this a matter of changing the control R to the furnace G??
No.
Would the an upgrade to IAQ thermostat be beneficial/compatible.
Yes. We can use something else as well. But Let me know what your VP model # is.