Hot or Cold Water and Plastic Tubing

Old 12-06-09, 05:07 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hot or Cold Water and Plastic Tubing

Two questions ...

1) Do you recommend Hot or Cold water hookup for a humidifier? Hot water would evaporate more easily but more energy would be wasted by the water that runs down the drain.

2) If you use hot water, can use still use plastic polyethylene tubing? This would be cheaper, easier and allow the humidifier lid to be opened more easily but I am concerned about whether the plastic tubing can handle the hot temperatures.

Thanks
EdgeAle

Old 12-07-09, 01:30 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
If this is going to a steam unit then it does not matter. If this is going to any other type then use hot water. Hot water will help with the unit putting the moisture into the air. I know of no water pipe that can't handle up to 150 degree water.

Old 12-07-09, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EdgeAle View Post
1) Do you recommend Hot or Cold water hookup for a humidifier? Hot water would evaporate more easily but more energy would be wasted by the water that runs down the drain.
It won't matter, but I think I recalled reading something that the filter on the TrueSTEAM should be hooked to cold water.

2) If you use hot water, can use still use plastic polyethylene tubing? This would be cheaper, easier and allow the humidifier lid to be opened more easily but I am concerned about whether the plastic tubing can handle the hot temperatures.
Yes, you can... I'm not a big fan of the PEX tubing.. Just make sure the fittings are snugged.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: