VisionPro IAQ Humidification Control

Old 12-07-09, 07:51 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
VisionPro IAQ Humidification Control

I have a VisionPro IAQ which controls my Lennox furnace and Lennox (Healthy Climate) power humidifier.

I HAVE A OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE SENSOR. And I see the outside temp on my IAQ.

on humidifier related screen, it is set to AUTO at 35%. And I have the ability to change the humidity percent if I want to. This is what is confusing to me. Questions:

1) Is my IAQ controlling my humidifier by factoring in the outside temp? Or is it always trying to maintain at 35% ?

2) What is AUTO and 35%? I don't understand this. If it is AUTO why am I setting the percentage to be 35%? Remember I have the ability to change AUTO to MANUAL, so how is MANUAL 35% different from AUTO 35% ?

3) On the same screen, there is also a setting for FROST. What is it and how does it work? I read the IAQ manual but it doesn't exaplain much.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

Old 12-07-09, 08:03 PM
I have similar questions too and will share some of what little knowledge I have. I am not familiar with your humidifier but it probably doesn't matter too much.

1. I'm thinking that the IAQ will try to maintain your humidity at 35% using the outside temperature ONLY if you have Frost Protection turned on. In my case I found that with extremely cold outdoor temperatures the humidifier would not come on because the IAQ figured that the windows would frost up. When I disabled the Frost Protection the humidifier came back on no matter the outside temperature.

2. AUto vs Man. Firstly my IAQ does not offer a manual setting. It is either Auto or Off. I think maybe in your case there would be no difference as you suggested between a setting of Auto or Manual.

3. Frost setting ranges from 1 -10 with 5 being factory default. It will limit the amount of humidity added based on outdoor temp. 1 is most dry and 10 is most humid. They suggest that you make an adjustment when you get frost on the window and then wait 24 hours to see if it fixes itself.

The manual that came with my IAQ unit is not that great. I happened across another one in PDF on the net which explains the setting codes. I will try and locate that link for you.

Old 12-07-09, 08:12 PM
Here's the link to the IAQ manual I mentioned. I found this one a lot more informative than the one that came with my unit.

Vision Pro IAQ

Old 12-07-09, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by ise_disp View Post
1) Is my IAQ controlling my humidifier by factoring in the outside temp? Or is it always trying to maintain at 35% ?
It's looking at your outdoor temps, and will adj the setpoint for you. The goal is 35% when temp permits it. But as it get colder, it will "lower" the setting for you. (You won't see the changes on the 35%, you'll just see the home become a little bit dryer.

2) What is AUTO and 35%? I don't understand this. If it is AUTO why am I setting the percentage to be 35%? Remember I have the ability to change AUTO to MANUAL, so how is MANUAL 35% different from AUTO 35% ?
Auto will change setting as needed for the outdoors temp, were Man will keep it at 35% and ignores the outdoor temps.

3) On the same screen, there is also a setting for FROST. What is it and how does it work? I read the IAQ manual but it doesn't exaplain much.
It controls how aggressive the humidifier should run based out outdoor temps.

Say 35% on your settings, temps is 20˚.

the windows has frost on it, lower the number will "lower" the set point stronger.

Chart may help.

Old 12-08-09, 07:17 AM
I
Thank you both!

Klr4evr,
I was wrong. There is no MANUAL on mine. It is AUTO/OFF just like yours. Thank you for the explanation you provided. I came across the document you provided which is better but still didn't explain as well as you did.

I am also wondering what formula they are using to figure out what the humidity should be given the variables:

x = humidity goal
y = current humidity
z = outside temp
p = frost setting

And also I am wondering if there is a way to display all the programming (done by the contractor) so I can record all the settings. I believe this unit is powered by a battery. I don't see any where how to change the battery and also if the settings are lost if 1) we lose power or 2) run out of battery.

Old 12-08-09, 08:30 AM
I am also wondering what formula they are using to figure out what the humidity should be given the variables:
I'm sure there is something, but not sure what it is.. I'm guessing maybe a chart like this in a way.

I've had mine for 3 years, and been happy with it's results. I just set it and forget it.

Mine is set to 4 @ 40% for humidity, and 45% for dehumidity.

And also I am wondering if there is a way to display all the programming (done by the contractor) so I can record all the settings.
Go to the installer manual, and go into advance/installer menu.

While you are in there, post what yours is set up to, and I would be happy to go over it to make sure all is good.

I believe this unit is powered by a battery. I don't see any where how to change the battery and also if the settings are lost if 1) we lose power or 2) run out of battery.
The settings is stored on the "hard drive", and there is no battery in the touch screen control to replace. There is a small battery to keep track of time, but that last a very long time.

Old 12-08-09, 04:05 PM
I
Thank you for your responses... I have another question related to my outside temp sensor.

My contractor installed the sensor first on my wood siding that faces south. This is the side that gets lot of sunlight. In a few days I observed that the t-stat is showing about 20 degrees higher than the actaul temp outside. The contractor returned and moved the sensor few feet to a different spot on the same side but he tucked it behind bushes to avoid direct sunlight. This improved a little bit but it still shows about 6 to 8 degree difference when the siding is hit by sunlight in the morning time. I called him back. He is returning to move it again. Now options are:

1) I can have him install it on the same side where I have pvc intake/exhaust is installed. This is a concentric pipe. It sticks out about 4 inches away from the siding. I can have him install the sensor inside the intake pipe.
2) I can have him install it on the north side of the house (on the siding) about 4 to 5 feet away from AC unit. This side of the house is not directly exposed to sunlight. The wiring will be longest for this option, about 50 feet from the furnace where IAQ interface module is located.
3) the third option is on the west side of the house. I have a shed with shingled roof that is above my cement patio. The sensor can be installed under the roof of the shed on the side of a joist. This is probably just 25 feet long wire.

Can you give me your recommendation which option is better?
Thanks for all your help in this matter.

Old 12-08-09, 08:45 PM
1) I can have him install it on the same side where I have pvc intake/exhaust is installed. This is a concentric pipe. It sticks out about 4 inches away from the siding. I can have him install the sensor inside the intake pipe.
Not a good spot, won't get a true reading when the furnace is not running and summer.

2) I can have him install it on the north side of the house (on the siding) about 4 to 5 feet away from AC unit. This side of the house is not directly exposed to sunlight. The wiring will be longest for this option, about 50 feet from the furnace where IAQ interface module is located.
Can do that.

3) the third option is on the west side of the house. I have a shed with shingled roof that is above my cement patio. The sensor can be installed under the roof of the shed on the side of a joist. This is probably just 25 feet long wire.
This may be the best spot.

I have mine on the west side of the house, and it's under the deck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: