Wiring Help to Install Honeywell HE360A to Comfortmaker Furnace

Old 01-18-10, 02:33 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring Help to Install Honeywell HE360A to Comfortmaker Furnace

I recently installed a Honeywell HE360A Humidifier on a Comfortmaker Furnace Model #N8MPNL and used the Honeywell H8908 Humidistat. I chose not to install the sail switch. The wiring diagrams provided by Honeywell don't seem to work since I haven't installed the sail switch. How do I correctly wire the Humidifier and Humidistat to the Furnace?

I've currently wired it as follows:

1. The 1st yellow wire from the Humidifier is wire nutted to (1) red 18 gauge wire which is wire nutted to the 1st black wire in the Humidistat.

2. The 2nd yellow wire from the Humidifer is wire nutted to a white 18 gauge wire which is terminated on a 24VAC terminal called "HUM" in the furnace.

3. There is also another red 18 gauge wire that is wire nutted to the 2nd black wire in the Humidistat which is terminated on the same 24VAC terminal that the white 18 guage wire is terminated on in the Furnace.

In this current wiring configuration the Humidifier works but does not shut off when the furnace shuts off. The only way to turn the Humidifier off when the furnace shuts off is to lower the Humidistat to approximately 30%.

Notes:
The HE360A comes with a built in transformer.
I've plugged the Humidifier into a receptacle on the wall.

Help is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Old 01-18-10, 08:21 PM
UNDO the wire on HUM on the board now!

Your system is wired wrong.

Hope there is no damage to either transformer!

The two yellow wires only can go to the humidistat itself since this has it's own transformer.

Does your board have EAC? or 120 volts HUM?

Old 01-19-10, 07:14 PM
B
The board has 115V HUM and EAC.

Old 01-19-10, 07:32 PM
B
Not sure if it matters, but the the correct model number of the furnace is N8MPN....the L is not included in the model number. Also, before receiving your response...I rewired the the system yesterday so the red wire coming from the Humidistat is now connected to the 24 VAC HUM terminal and the white wire is connected to the W terminal on the terminal board in the furnace. The system appears to be operating like it should. Do you think it may still wired incorrectly....thank you for your replies.

Old 01-19-10, 08:18 PM
Are you sure you have the HE360??

What humidistat do you have?

Old 01-19-10, 09:36 PM
B
I confirmed I have the HE 360 and I have the H8908 humidistat that came with the unit. A note in my Furnace installation instructions says that the 24VAC HUM is energized when the pressure switch closes on a call for heat and the HUM 115VAC is energized when the inducer is energized.

It also says under "sequence of operation":
Heating (W) request: 24VAC signal applied to W terminal of furnace control board. And...upon heating (W) request the induce motor turns on and the pressure switch closes.

It seemed to make sence that the because of this sequence that the red wire should be on HUM terminal and the white wire to the W terminal.

What are your thoughts.

Again....I really appreciate your help.

Old 01-20-10, 07:05 AM
Ok, I am very shocked that any of these are still running with how you got it wired!!

Wired up like this..

I would suggest putting in a single outlet like I have on mine.

(sorry for the bad photo, was taken on my cell phone.)

That way some one can't plug in something else that may be a higher amp that may hurt the board.

Old 01-20-10, 04:32 PM
B
Thanks for the reply...

Forgive me, but I'm not very intelligent when it comes to electricity...You sugguest wiring to the HUM "M" terminal in the furnace board, but I only have a 24VAC HUM terminal and a HUM 115VAC terminal. You also suggest wiring to an "N" terminal, but I don't have a "N" terminal. I'm confused, but thats nothing new when it comes to electricity.

I'm thinking you mean to wire to the 115VAC HUM terminal and to wire to one of the Neutral terminals in the furnace control board, but does it matter which wire goes to which terminal or which wire goes to either screw on the receptacle and does the wire going from the receptacle to the furnace control board need to be a larger gauge (say 16 gauge) since its providing energy?

Old 01-20-10, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Buckham35 View Post
I'm thinking you mean to wire to the 115VAC HUM terminal and to wire to one of the Neutral terminals in the furnace control board,
Correct.

but does it matter which wire goes to which terminal or which wire goes to either screw on the receptacle
The "hot"/HUM wire goes to the brass side of the outlet.. Make sure you cut the bridge between the outlet and switch.

If you are using the switch like shown on mine, you won't need to run a Neutral/common back to the board since it will be in the outlet area.. The Neutral/Common is on the silver screws

and does the wire going from the receptacle to the furnace control board need to be a larger gauge (say 16 gauge) since its providing energy?
Yes, 16 is fine.

Old 01-20-10, 06:06 PM
B
Great!!!! Thanks again for the info, but one more question....what does "cut the bridge between the outlet and switch mean"?

Old 01-20-10, 08:57 PM
On back of the switch/outlet, you'll see a "jumper" or "bridge", that ties the two scrwes together, if you cut it, the screws are by itself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: