Honeywell HE265 Humidifier Water Won't Stop

Old 01-19-10, 06:50 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell HE265 Humidifier Water Won't Stop

I have had a pass through HE265 Humidifier installed to my furnace for three years. Over the last year, I have had significant water leaking from the humidifier, the result of the water flowing on a continuous basis through the system. I have replaced the humidifier pad twice and installed a brand new solenoid valve. I belive the solenoid valve is working appropriately, as I hear the "clicking" sound when I turn the humidifier on and off; and when the humidifier is off, the solenoid valve does not allow water to flow. Therefore, I am at a loss for why the water continues to run. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Old 01-24-10, 08:52 PM
S
I also has HE265 and am running into the similar problem. But later I found 24V is on Solenoid valve all the time. So the water keep flowing. With Jay11J's help, now I'm modifying the circuits that turns on the solenoid only when the blower motor kicks in. Either using HUM line on the furnace control board or using sail switch or current sensing relay.

In your case, you may trace the circuit to determine which mechanism being used to control the voltage on the solenoid. If it is the case for sail switch or current sensing relay, it might get stuck. Otherwise, that might be the problem of the HUM line on the control board.

Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
I have had a pass through HE265 Humidifier installed to my furnace for three years. Over the last year, I have had significant water leaking from the humidifier, the result of the water flowing on a continuous basis through the system. I have replaced the humidifier pad twice and installed a brand new solenoid valve. I belive the solenoid valve is working appropriately, as I hear the "clicking" sound when I turn the humidifier on and off; and when the humidifier is off, the solenoid valve does not allow water to flow. Therefore, I am at a loss for why the water continues to run. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Old 01-26-10, 09:42 AM
S
Is this difficult to do? I'm an electrical novice, but am wondering if this is something I can do myself.

Old 01-26-10, 11:33 AM
Follow the wires, and see where they go.

let us know where they end up at, and if there's any type of control like A50 relay, or Sail switch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: