TrueSteam Installation Location Question

Old 02-12-10, 01:22 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
TrueSteam Installation Location Question

I'm planning on installing a 9gal TrueSteam this weekend. I will be using a remote install kit due to lack of space on the existing duct work to hang the unit. My question is regarding the location of the injection nozzle on the supply duct. The instructions state that you need 24" of clear down-stream space. In my situation, the duct work exits the a/c coil above the furnace and then tees off. One branch goes horizontally and supplies the lower level of the house. The other branch continues upward and supplies the 2nd story. The distance from the top of the a/c coil case to the top of the junction is 22". Will I be okay locating the injection nozzle toward the front of the bottom of the duct directly above the a/c coil case (see the red circle in the picture for the proposed location). If not, would it be acceptable to mount the nozzle on just the duct for the ground floor or just the duct serving the second floor, and if so, which would be preferable?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-10, 05:13 AM
You should be fine on the level you are planning on putting the nozzle, but I would move it over the right to center it to get a better mix into the air flow.

Old 02-13-10, 06:04 AM
Jay, thanks for the advice. I'll plan on installing it a bit more centered then.