True Steam water tank gasket seal mystery

Old 08-07-10, 01:57 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
True Steam water tank gasket seal mystery

I know the answer must be simple, but I am missing it. I opened my trueteam today to give it a cleaning and when I pulled the water tank off, a small black square gasket seal fell to the ground. I have no idea where it goes. The owner's manual references checking that "the water tank gasket seal is seated properly in the humidifer base before reattaching the water tank", but provides no picture or drawing. Any clues? Thanks so much.

Old 08-08-10, 12:28 AM
M
When I removed the water tank for cleaning, a small black gasket / plug fell out of where the tank connects to the white water valve. Thought this was the water tank gasket -- not (found a honeywell publication which showed the water tank gasket). I need someone with a truesteam to remove their water tank and look into the white solenoid valve where the protruding tank spool fits in --- do you see some kind of plug which creates the seal between the two? Right now water pours out of the valve when the tank is in place...clearly this plug is needed to seal it off, but I don't see a logical place where is goes. Thanks for helping.

Old 08-08-10, 04:29 AM
Please keep everything in one thread.

I am not able to find anything off hand. Are you able to post a photo of it? I have not service/install these units, do I have no ideal how or where this is set up.

I'll ask a guy I know from the area and see if he can help out.

Last edited by Jay11J; 08-08-10 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-08-10, 06:35 AM
M
Here are a couple photos of the seal / gasket and one of the water valve opening where the tank attaches. Although the valve opening is round, the seal is square. It has a slight curvature to it and a hole in the center which protrudes on one side as though to fit onto a post or into a small hole. Thanks

001 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5282765...n/photostream/

Old 08-08-10, 09:29 AM
M
Mystery partially solved. I still have no idea what the seal is for, but now I feel it is unrelated to the valve. After removing a bit of calcium build up in the valve, I was able to reattach the water tank and achieve a water tight fit. I'm still holding the seal / gasket and remain clueless as to its purpose.

Old 08-08-10, 12:32 PM
Looks like that gasket is used for the saddle vale on the main water line.

Old 08-08-10, 02:47 PM
M
Awesome find!! Thanks for researching. Inasmuch as my saddle valve is not leaking and is a fair distance away from the Truesteam unit, I'm not going to mess with it. Perhaps it was an extra gasket left behind by the installer -- makes no sense why it dropped, where it dropped, when I removed the water tank. Thanks again for your help.

Old 08-08-10, 04:58 PM
WHo knows.. If it was not there it would of been leaking! So, either it was an extra, or they lost it and got another one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: