Wiring Honeywell HE220A to Bryant 355CAV furnace

Old 12-22-10, 10:40 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring Honeywell HE220A to Bryant 355CAV furnace

I am installing an HE220a humidifier. My Bryant furnace, #355cav, has a board with a HUM terminal and a COM terminal to wire the humidifier to. According to the manual, the HUM terminal is suppose to energize when the furnace fan runs on heating, but the terminal does not energize. I have looked at the thermostat(evolution control) to see if there is an on/off setting for a humidifier, and all I can find is a reading that says "no humidifier is installed." Is there something on the furnace, a switch, connection or the like that has to be made to install a humidifier(allow the HUM to energize)? Or, something to tell the thermostat that one is installed, if that even needs to be done(I'll be using a separate H8908B humidistat)?

Old 12-22-10, 03:48 PM
With the stat you have, you won't need to use the humidistat. You just wire one wire from the humidifier to HUM, and other wire to C.

Go into the stat "Equipment Summary" setting, and scroll to Humidifier, and set to "ON".

then go into "Install Menu", and go to "Low Heat Rise" and set to ON.

Old 12-22-10, 06:04 PM
B
Jay, I do not know how to get into "equipment summary" or "install menu". All I have for the stat is the user's manual, no install manual for the stat. I can get into "advanced setup", but that only provides 5 page choices; "reminder", "lighting","heating humidity...which indicates "no humidifier installed", "cooling humidity", and "vacation". There is also a "status" menu, but it just lets you check the system's status..."outside temp", "mode...heat", "furnace...on/off", "fan...on/off", "indoor humidity", and "target humidity"; and this doesn't let me scroll at all or change anything. I think you have access to some settings or menu I don't at this point. I'm sure hoping you are correct about the simple wiring to HUM and C when we finally get the stat figured out though. Can you get me into these settings?

Old 12-22-10, 06:40 PM
B
Jay, I just got into another forum that told me how to get to those settings....hold the "Advanced" button in ten seconds. I made the changes you mentioned before, and will see if the HUM terminal gets "energized" now....sure hope this works as slick as it sounds!
Bob

Old 12-22-10, 06:49 PM
Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. But looks like you got it figured out.

Old 12-22-10, 07:09 PM
B
Jay, The changes seemed to do the trick on the HUM terminal; it gave me a 24v reading as soon as the fan started-up. So now the fun starts...cutting holes, mounting, tubing water, etc. I sure hope you're correct in not needing to run it through a humidistat...just set the "evolution" to the desired humidity--around here it's 42 percent. Have a great Xmas,
Bob

Old 12-22-10, 07:17 PM
Let me know if you need anything else Bob.

Thanks, you have a great Christmas too!

Old 12-25-10, 01:02 PM
E
Unhappy Wiring Honeywell HE260A

Jay, you seem to be very helpful in the wiring field on the Honeywell Humidifiers and Bryant Furnace. I hope you can help me with mine. I know this is going to be a long post, so please bear with me.

I installed a Honeywell HE260A humidifier to my Bryant Furnace ( Heat pump ) Everything went as planned. I opted to hook the wiring directly into the furnce so I would not have to install the sail switch and transformer. I hooked into HUM1 and HUM2 and everything seemed to work well, it appeared to work with the blower ie: when the blower was on, I had power, when the blower shut off, the power on HUM1 and HUM2 was off also. Approx 1 week after instalation, I noticed how dry the house was again. I went to check, and sure enough, I have no power at anytime on HUM1 or HUM2 terminals on my furnace, thus not giving the selanoid power to turn the water flow on. Any ideas what happed, or how I get power back ? furnace and everything else still seems to run fine.

In an attempt and out of frustration, I installed the sail switch as the directions show. However, it appears my furnace does not have enough airflow to trigger the switch to turn the power on and off with the flow of air. I even took off the extra spring, as mine is a downward air flow. If I take the sail switch out, and manually trip it with my hand, it works fine, so I know my wiring is correct.

I would solve 99% of my problems and would be able to eliminate the sail switch all together if I could just find out how to get power (24v) back to HUM1 and HUM2. I should also note that next to the HUM1 and HUM2 terminals are 2 more that I believe read AUX1 and AUX2 however, both of those are dead and have no power also.

Any help anybody can give me would be greatly appriciated !!!

Old 12-26-10, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by e911moosie View Post
I installed a Honeywell HE260A humidifier to my Bryant Furnace ( Heat pump )
What is the model # of the furnace/air handler, and what do you have for t-stat?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: