Need recommendation on whole home humidifier

Old 12-31-10, 05:04 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need recommendation on whole home humidifier

I've got about 1800sqft house, 3 finished floors including the basement. My furnace (natural gas heat) ducting unfortunately does not leave any room on the output side for a humidifier to be mounted. it's in the corner and the only real, exposed ducting has the a/c evaporator lines going into it.

my main return however has ample room. What do you recommend? current household humidity is measured at 30% average. sometimes in the dead of winter it drops down to the teens. This is measured in my family room which is an addition.

I've read about different types of units, in terms of how they operate but based on my research, I'm still unable to make an educated decision.

Ideas?

Old 12-31-10, 03:23 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Humidifiers can be mounted on the return side with a bypass duct connecting to the supply. This setup is the way we always do it with my company... It allows the air to be heated (which allows it to hold more moisture) before being re-routed through the bypass and humidifier giving you the best opportunity to absorb moisture into the air. For the size of your home, a 12 gallon unit should probably suffice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: