Aprilaire 760 vs Aprilaire 700

Old 01-01-11, 07:38 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 760 vs Aprilaire 700

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any major differences between these two models? The reason I ask is that I had an old 760 that stopped working (motor died), so I had it replaced with the current model equivalent (or so I thought) by a professional installer. I don't remember ever having to turn the old 760 past about 2/3s to get the humidity in the house above 40% and start fogging the windows. With this new Aprilaire, the humidifier is installed with the same configuration, in manual mode, and runs nonstop with the furnace blower set to 'On' vs 'Auto'. I see water draining as expected from the humidifier and everything seems to be running properly, but it can't get the house above 30% humidity with the blower always on, and even less (~20%) with the furnace fan on 'Auto'. The house is roughly 3,600 sq ft on the two two floors with another 1400 or so finished below, but like I stated above, the old 760 had no problem humidifying the house, so I'm curious if Aprilaire changed anything significant in the new model 700s?

Thanks

Old 01-01-11, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have not been around this brand in person, so I can't say for sure. I'd call the dealer back and have them check it out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: