Wiring up HE220A with ArcoAire PS80 furnace

Old 01-04-11, 08:47 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring up HE220A with ArcoAire PS80 furnace

I replaced an old drum unit with a new pass-through filter humidifier; however, I cannot seem to get the wiring correct. I had the furnace put in a few years ago, so it is somewhat new; however, I think the old humidifier never worked, so I'm assuming it was hooked up wrong. I never cared, since the drum one never worked well anyways.

So, I was looking at all the wiriing schematics and I think I may have tracked something down. I pulled off the ArcoAire access panel and looked at the control board. I noticed that I have a XMFR and a HUM jumper on the board. Currently, there is a wire from XFMR that appears to go to a transformer that is right next to all the R/G/B/Y connections inside the panel. Is that the correct jumper for this to be on or should it be to the HUM? There is also a wire on the 24VAC HUM terminal that is running out to my Humidistat. It appears I am getting no power (althought, I haven't tested as I don't have a wire tester...yet).

Any suggestions? Looking to figure this out as my house is like the sahara this winter.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-11, 05:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like they tried to wire the old unit. The HUM to the humidistat is right. then from the humidistat there should be a wire going to one of the humidifier wire. the other wire from the humidifier goes to C on the control board.