Aprilaire 600 Wiring/Install Confirmation

Old 01-18-11, 07:52 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 600 Wiring/Install Confirmation

Well, I decided to go with the 600 instead of the 700, since I don't have room on my supply duct for the 700. I have learned a lot from Jay11J and hvactechfw, especially from their responses in my first thread (http://forum.doityourself.com/humidi...questions.html). Thank you guys very much!

What I wanted to do before I started wiring is to make sure my plans are the right way to go. Here is where I plan to install the bypass ducting, humidistat, and humidifier:

I don't have an actual furnace, so no accessory terminals (which must make this so easy, but oh well). I have an air handler, and here is the wiring diagram I came up with based on the info you guys gave me in my previous thread:

The "wire nut" references in the diagram refer to the wire nut groups seen in this picture:

and are highlighted here:

I don't have any floor drains in my basement, just a pump for the A/C, which I figure I can use for the humidifier's drain line, as well. I got the info for that from someone else's thread, and I think this (in the diagram above) is how I should wire it so that, if the pump fails, the humidifier doesn't run and spill water all over my floor.

Does all this look right? I want to be absolutely sure before I start all this.

Also, thanks again for all your help. This site, and you two specifically, are excellent and indispensable sources of information, especially for newbies like me.

Old 01-18-11, 05:50 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
as far as I can tell all looks good.

Old 01-18-11, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I agree, it all looks good, now you are ready to rock n' roll!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: