Accuracy of Honeywell H8908 Humidistat

Old 01-21-11, 09:58 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Accuracy of Honeywell H8908 Humidistat

I installed my new Honeywell HE 360 humidifier thanks to all the information on these posts. I've set the humidistat level according to the instructions and outdoor temp. Within 2 days I noticed what I thought was excessive moisture buildup and some frost on the bottom edges of the window glass on every window that I didn't put window film around. Just tonight I actually had to chip the ice/frost off the window frame in a spare bedroom where the blinds are shut, door closed and heat vent closed.
I kept turning the humidistat down to try and find the point at which the mositure went away, I was down to 10% on the humidistat dial before the moisture reduced to a minimal level.
So, I can't imagine its really 'ok' to allow enough moisture to build up where it causes slight ice in the window corners. Do I use that as a gauge (window moisture) or do I trust the humidistat to keep the level according to the charts?
ideas?

thanks
mark

Old 01-22-11, 05:05 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not sure where you are out of. With yesterdays temp of -20˚ here, I had some frost on our windows that had the blinds down and no way around this with the temps we had.

If your windows are not the newer/better type of windows, small ice on the corners are expected, and before we replaced our windows, had a lot of frost/ice on them and started using the film, and that does help out a lot.

Just set the stat to about what they suggest on the chart. Mine is automatic so I don't need to make changes with the temp/chart.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: