Direct Wire a Honeywell HE360A humidifier and Bryant 340AAV furnace

Old 02-27-11, 05:20 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Direct Wire a Honeywell HE360A humidifier and Bryant 340AAV furnace

I am at the point where I need to wire the humidifer to the furnace and am just not getting it. I want to direct wire so it will turn on with the blower.

1) Do i need to have a current sensitive relay switch if I choose not to use the sail switch?

2) There are 2 red and 2 yellow wires from the humidifier. 2 black wires from the humidistat. Can someome please walk me through the wiring? Am I understanding it right: Attach 1 yellow from the humidifier to the EAC1 post on the furnace, attach the other yellow to one of the black wires on the humidistat. Attach the other black wire from the humidistat to the EAC2 post of the furnace?

thank you very much for your help!

Old 02-27-11, 06:43 PM
No, you do NOT wire the yellow low voltage wire to anything other than the humidistat itself. Red wire is not used for anything.

You can wire a single outlet to the EAC and you just plug the humidifier's power cord into that.

Old 02-27-11, 06:48 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I do not recommend wiring with the furnace blower instead with the heat on only, but need more info to be sure we do this correctly, what model furnace do you have?

Old 02-27-11, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by hvactechfw View Post
I do not recommend wiring with the furnace blower instead with the heat on only, but need more info to be sure we do this correctly, what model furnace do you have?
I agree with not doing it on the blower, but Carrier/Bryant don't use 120v on their HUM. He has a Bryant 340AAV

Old 02-27-11, 06:56 PM
huh, guess I should read the whole thread!!!!!!!!!
You need a current sensing relay.

Use the Yellow wires out of Humidifier to connect the humidistat and relay.

Old 02-28-11, 07:33 AM
J
Just to clarify, I could either use a relay or wire an outlet to EAC1 and common and then all I need to do is hook humidistat to humidifier and plug into new outle with no additional wiring?
Thanks!

Old 02-28-11, 12:36 PM
IF you do what you suggested, and you can, this will allow the humidifier to run anytime the blower is on........ This is known to to cause water panel saturation problems...... Better off wiring to only run when heat is on.

Old 02-28-11, 03:53 PM
J
yeah, thats definately what I DONT want to do. I accidentally said blower in my original post. What I meant was only when the heat was on.

I know I sound like an idiot, and right now I feel like one, but to hook this up to the heat only, would I wire one yellow from humidifier to the humidistat (Does it matter which black wire?). The other yellow from the humidifier to the Relay. The other black wire from the humidistat goes to the relay as well. Is there something that plugs the relay into the furnace and if so, where?

thanks again for your patience.

Old 02-28-11, 03:58 PM
the realy is current sensing and has a bar that you wrap the inducer neutral wire around (2-4 times). this senses that the inducer is running therefore only on when the heat is on. does not matter which wire on the humidistat or humidifier is used as long as they make a complete circuit. Follow the diagram previously posted.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: