Looking for circuit board schematic for Honeywell TrueSteam HM512

Old 05-11-11, 08:46 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for circuit board schematic for Honeywell TrueSteam HM512

Unit fills, heats up then goes to 6 flashes on LED indicating replace the water level sensor.
Have cleaned it and it looks shiny clean but still fails. Am I missing something or does it really need to be replaced? Also note some calcified water marks on the top of the connections going down into heater coil.
Would like to have a look at the diagram for the circuit board.

Old 05-11-11, 06:23 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
water sensors are known to fail, Ive cleaned many to no avail. and have replaced them with success. True steam IMO is a piece of junk. http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell...69_2285efs.pdf To my knowledge there is no schematic available for the control board circuitry of the truesteam..... if cleaning the sensor did not work then replace the sensor.

Old 05-11-11, 09:07 PM
K
what do you mean by IMO?
the sensor looks so clean what else is in it that can fail?

Old 05-11-11, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
IMO...In my opinion.....

Mike NJ

Old 05-12-11, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by Ken from Canada View Post
the sensor looks so clean what else is in it that can fail?
I'm not sure. Do your self a favor and just replace the sensor. Better yet, get a different brand humidifier. I run soooo many calls on those things its ridiculous! My company will not sell them. And other companies wont service them so I end up getting to go work on them anyway.

Old 05-12-11, 08:58 AM
K
ok thanks
I had read somewhere that they are prone to problems especially in areas where well water is used

Old 05-12-11, 02:02 PM
I agree, I am not a fan of these units and have been a pain here and there.. This is the ONLY Honeywell products I not crazy about.

If this unit is pretty new, get in touch with your dealer who put this in and have the sensor replaced under warranty.

Old 05-13-11, 11:25 AM
K
So my reason for choosing the Honeywell is that our seasonal home (heated to 12C in winter when not in use) is 3400 square feet and wanted to maintain a humidity level of about 30% even though we were not there because of the exensive pine finishing on interior. So to provide adequate humidity for the size of building and to work automatically with the Honeywell VisionPro stat over an extended period of time with no body around, I chose the 12 gallon a day model steam humidifier. It works great when it works. Also my hot air duct is round (I have the High Velocity electric furnace that we love...check it out) so the steam nozzle mounted easily on the duct.
Any suggestions on a replacement unit

Old 05-13-11, 06:24 PM
aprilaire makes a steam humidifier. model 800

Old 12-31-12, 06:57 AM
S
so where to get circuit board ?may be phone numbers for honewell customer servic

I have similar problems ,unit request service ,any cleaning does not help at all ,resets does not help power down /power up also have little effect inside heating elements calcified a bit ,hot water occasionally overflow a little unit 2 years onlyhm512a

Old 12-31-12, 08:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,316 Votes on 1,216 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: