Honeywell HE360 Wiring

Old 10-31-11, 09:41 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell HE360 Wiring

Installed a Honeywell HE360 over the weekend, and in spite of the lack of useful diagrams/instructions regarding wiring, I thought I had hooked up properly. However, the second I plug in the unit (simple 120 volt plug), the water starts flowing, regardless of if the furnace is blowing or not, and does not stop until I unplug. I contacted Honeywell customer service and spoke with a "technician" for about 40 minutes, only to be even more confused, particularly about my wiring. From what I can gather from other posts, I either have it wired incorrectly or I have a bad water flow solenoid. I have attached a pic of the components
- Humidistat - red wire on post to yellow humidifier, red wire on other post to pressure switch, 2 white wires connected with nut.
That's all I'm sure of now that I'm second guessing, etc. I guess my main confusion may be at the pressure switch and the 2 yellow wires from the humidifier.

Any help would be great - thanks in advance.

Steve

Old 10-31-11, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
we did not get your pic. please post the URL and I will then transfer that to show up on the forum so we can help you further. Please post the make and model # of your furnace.

Old 10-31-11, 04:23 PM
S
Diagram

Last edited by hvactechfw; 10-31-11 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-31-11, 04:41 PM
so how do you have it installed now? What is your make and model # of your furnace?

Old 10-31-11, 05:23 PM
S
It's a York Diamond 80 - I guess I didn't think that was relevant since I didn't connect any wiring directly to furnace. Here's what I have.
At Humidifier - red from humidistat to 1 yellow, and red from pressure switch to other yellow. White wires connected to each other with wire nut.
At Humidistat - Red wire from humidifier connected to 1 post, red wire from pressure switch connected to other post. White wires connected together with wire nut.
At Pressure Switch - Red wires from both humidifier and humidistat connected at "no". White wires from both humidifier and humidistat connected to "nc". This is where I think I'm messed up.

Also, humidifier fan does go on and off appropriately when furnace blower is on.

Thanks

Old 10-31-11, 07:09 PM
why are you using a pressure switch?!

does your furnace control board have HUM terminals? I'm pretty sure it does, but not sure as you did not post a furnace model number.

Last edited by hvactechfw; 10-31-11 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-31-11, 07:13 PM
Here a drawing on how it should be done.. The "sail switch is your pressure switch.

Old 10-31-11, 07:21 PM
i would prefer to not use the pressure (sail) switch.

Old 10-31-11, 07:32 PM
I agree, what is the full model # on the furnace?

Old 11-01-11, 06:00 PM
S
First off, thanks to all for not pointing out my stupidity...yet. Model # is P3HUC16N09201A - I went with the pressure switch as that came with the unit and as a novice, I assumed that was the way to go. Here is the installation manual: http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1107.pdf
What Jay has drawn up doesn't resemble Honeywell's, but I definitely trust your opinion, so I'll give it a try. So no wiring between humidistat and humidifier, right? Lastly, does that stray wire nut at the top of the diagram mean anything?

Thanks

Old 11-01-11, 06:16 PM
did you look on the furnace control board for HUM terminals? I'll check by the furnace model, but cant always access york info right away.

Old 11-01-11, 06:39 PM
Looked your furnace up, and you do have 120v HUM on the board..

We can bypass the pressure switch.

WIth this HUM on the board, we can wire in single outlet plug in and plug the 360 into this.

Old 11-01-11, 07:00 PM
not to one up you, jay, but I think this is easier to read/ understand

Old 11-06-11, 07:39 PM
S
Finally got around to addressing the wiring. Since I already had the pressure switch installed, I did not go with the direct wiring to the furnace - I think that may have really tested my patience with my limited skills. Bottom line, I wired per your diagram Jay and things seemed to work. However, my original problem with the water flowing regardless of whether the blower was on or not was still occurring. Took a look at the wires in the connecting harness and they were incorrect - blue was not going to blue, etc. Just did not feel like rewiring the harness, etc., so took back the main unit to Lowes and had them give me one from another box with the correct wiring - Voila! Works as it is supposed to now. With the shoddy wiring, confusing instructions, and absolutely horrible customer service, I will not be purchasing another Honeywell product anytime soon.

Thanks for all your assistance - you are all a great help. Time for a beer and football. Take care - Steve

Old 11-10-11, 04:28 PM
T
Solenoid remains open/lets water run

I also had problem with wiring harness (blue went to red). Rather than bother with the good folks at Lowe's and Honeywell's rep in India I simply inverted the wiring harness and cut two v-shaped notches in the plastic housing using my exacto knife. It was easy enough to do (just a few minutes) and since the piece is symmetrical it fit perfectly in the inverted position. Voila!!! Everything is working just as it should for now and hopefully will provide many years of carefree service. Doesn't say much for the QC program at Honeywell.

Old 11-10-11, 05:41 PM
What wires are we talking about? I will have to open a box at work. (I work at Home Depot) and see if they have this issue.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: