HE 220 honeywell humidifier bypass flow thru with pressure switch

Old 11-28-11, 04:38 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HE 220 honeywell humidifier bypass flow thru with pressure switch

What is the proper way to wire the he 220a honeywell with pressure switch and a transformer, I followed the instruction from the dvd and have no water flow however if I terminate everything at the humidifier selenoid and from there put the transformer supplied in series I do get water to flow but does not seem to stop when the furnace goes off ?
frank from windsor

Old 11-29-11, 07:41 AM
Can you draw it out how you have it hooked up?

Where is the switch placed?

What's your make and model of furnace? We may be able to use the furnace, and forget the switch.

Old 11-29-11, 09:00 PM
M
my furnace is a lennox G71MPP dont know if I CAN DRAW IT BUT HERE IS A TRY, GUESS i CAN'T HERE IS DESCRIPTION OF HOW ITS WIRED AND INSTALLED.
1. I have the pressure switch hooked to return duct above furnace red wire and white wire connected.
2. on air intake duct humidistat honeywell H8908A/B is mounted about 5 or 6 " above the humidifier with both red wire ( one from pressure switch and one from humidifier) connected to it
3. ON the air intake duct below thermostat is the Honeywell humidifier with red wire from 1 side of humidistat and a red wire from 24v xformer connected to selenoid
4. Then the white wire from the pressure switch is connected to the open terminal on the xformer.
5 by the way the pressure switch has a grey and black tubing connection and I have the tubing installed on the grey one to the duct as per manual instruction, however just read in fine print that for variable speed furnace it is recommended to instal tubing on both supply and return air duct ( wonder if that matters ??
Frank........

Old 11-29-11, 09:25 PM
Sounds like you got it right... You have it like in the drawing on page 13, FIG 15?

T
he two hose is for a lower air flow on the variable speed furnace.

Your furnace has 24volt port for the humidifier, so this transformer, and pressure switch would not be needed.

What t-stat do you have on this furnace?

Old 11-30-11, 12:13 PM
M
I;m not too familiar with working on forum just sent you a reply about t-stat and looks like it went into cyber space, Anyhow the t-stat is either a Lennox Model L5711U or L5732U comfiortSense 5000 series.
I looked at diag on pg 13 again fig 15 and loking at the wiring still a little confuse as I have label the one fm the NO connector of ps sw white and the one fm the common connector red. and at the selenoid to xformer this is where I get confused shud my white wire that comes to the NO side or ps sw be connected to selenoid then to xformer or directly to x former I think that I may have that wrong but thats iw what the video of dvd said connect 2 red wire fm ps sw and hum stat together and fm the hum stat to humidifier also together ????
or am I full of beans loking for reason why it doesnt work as it should
Frank

Old 11-30-11, 09:35 PM
Ok, let's throw out the pressure switch and transformer and and wire this to your furnace.

The N in this drawing will be C on your furnace board.

While you are on the furnace board, I want to see if the installer hooked up W2 from the t-stat.

Old 12-01-11, 09:15 PM
M
Ok Jay thanks for diag, however checked the cct bd in furnace and although the manual shows a hum and n terminal ,, cct board in furnace does not, it a new furnace Jan 2011 so must be original eqpt in it , tried to take a picture of it but somehow cannot cut and past it in here . will try again to save it somewhere else see if I can cut and paste, not very familiar with forum protocol/procedure , newbie on computer skills as well except for surfing web and e mail, so will send that before I loose it in cyber space again , thanks for all advise so far and your patience
Frank M................

Old 12-02-11, 05:31 AM
You need to up load the photo to a host site such as imageshack.us, then copy the link into the html pop up when you click the image button.

I find it odd that they don't have the HUM on this furnace..

Old 12-02-11, 08:01 PM
M
they probably do have one but not well indicated on cct bd unless they nave another pcb on different location, in any case will let go for week end and will get a picture again, will get my son in law to show me how to sent it out but before he come furing week end will try to fwd you the picture that I TOOK TO YOUR E MAIL FM YOUR PROFILE, BUT THAT WILL BE IN 3 DIFFERENT MSGS AS i did not put them as attachement, still learning this computer business,
so thanks again jay check you e mail on yahoo for 3 pictures fm fmaheux,,,,,,,,,
hopefully that will work

Old 12-02-11, 08:58 PM
I will watch for the e-mail.

Old 12-04-11, 09:19 PM
M
Sorry Jay
it came back undelivreable, I just used the one on your profile sent it to yahoo.com
and it came back, will gave you a break, have to go to michigan this week to visit my daughter and son n law, so will gave you a break for a week will contact you next week ,then will wire that sucker up properly
tks agqain for putting with me
Frank............

Old 12-04-11, 09:47 PM
Odd.. Send it to jaymarking at gmail dot com when you return from your trip.

Old 12-05-11, 08:34 PM
M
Lennox pcb pics

Tks Jay, not leaving till tomorrow, sent the pics tonight, will check with you when I return
Tks again
Frank....................

Old 12-11-11, 01:01 PM
K
Hi,

I dont want to hijack this thread but i just bought the same model of humidifier and i have a question regarding the wiring as well.

The kit came with a 24Vac transformer and a sail switch (not a pressure switch).

My furnace has a HUM spade connector and i measured the voltage at ~26Vac when there's a call for heat.

The install instructions are here on page 6
http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...it/69-1570.pdf

My question is, can i not use the plug in 24V transformer and instead wire it the way you have drawn out in post 6?

Last edited by kevin1162; 12-11-11 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-11-11, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by kevin1162 View Post
My furnace has a HUM spade connector and i measured the voltage at ~26Vac when there's a call for heat.

My question is, can i not use the plug in 24V transformer and instead wire it the way you have drawn out in post 6?
You won't need the transformer, just wire it as you see in my drawing on post #6.

Old 12-11-11, 08:14 PM
K
Originally Posted by Jay11J View Post
You won't need the transformer, just wire it as you see in my drawing on post #6.
I did just that after going over everything about 10 times... I'm educated in electronics, just no experience with HVAC. It's hooked up without the transformer and sail switch (as per your diagram) and everything is working as it should.

I've been a creeper on these forums for a looooong time so it's about time i finally registered and say thanks!

Old 12-11-11, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by kevin1162 View Post
I did just that after going over everything about 10 times... I'm educated in electronics, just no experience with HVAC. It's hooked up without the transformer and sail switch (as per your diagram) and everything is working as it should.

I've been a creeper on these forums for a looooong time so it's about time i finally registered and say thanks!
Glad to help, and thanks for giving us the update!

Old 12-14-11, 11:07 AM
M
Back fm usa

Jay did you received the pics I sent you of pcb of my furnace ? and where you able to find a Hum connection where I could wire my he 220 direct to furnace as you indicate on your post 6, I would prefere getting rid of pressure switch and transformer as well
tks Frank..........

Old 12-14-11, 12:56 PM
Frank

Yes, I got your photos, and yeah, there is no HUM on it.. I'll see if I can wire it up another way for you, and will get back to you soon as I get a chance.

Old 12-15-11, 11:38 AM
M
tks jay, if not will just have to do with the xformer, but they instruction they gave to terminate the coil of hunidifier only to 1 side of xformer and other to humidistat dont seem to work for me
tks
frank...........

Old 12-17-11, 09:25 AM
M
Jay
can you draw me a diag like u did on post 6, but this time starting fm Pressure sw, to Humidistat, then to coil on humidifier, then to 24v xformer, like they try to explain on dvd and will try that again ?
just don't get their explanation on the dvd.
tks Frank.............

Old 12-17-11, 07:18 PM
I am not able to load my drawing program...

You wire just like you see on page 6, Fig 15. Wire it in series. Sail switch is your pressure switch on that drawing.

Old 12-18-11, 08:34 AM
M
is both side of the transformer hooked up to the coil of humidifier ?or just 1 side and the other to the sail sw ?

Old 12-18-11, 07:48 PM
Just one side of the transformer goes to the coil.

the other side goes to pressure switch---->humidistat---->humidifier coil.

Old 01-09-12, 01:05 PM
M
Jay

Got it sorry about delay,
Xmas holiday & grand kids around not much time to work, in any case got it fixed and works good, did find a Hum connector on cct bd, was marked Hd or DH on 3rd pictures, found out by checking friend of mid ho has same furnace, so was able to bypass that pressure switch, works great now thanks for all the help and patience, have a good year all of you guys.
Frank...........

Old 01-09-12, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the update, and glad you got it going.

You have a great new year!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: