Carrier 58STA/STX and Totaline P110-LBP2317 Humidifier

Old 12-11-11, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier 58STA/STX and Totaline P110-LBP2317 Humidifier

I need a little help. The humidifier is currently connected and runs when the heat or air is running. I need to be able to run the unit when I am running in fan mode also, I read in the instructions for this application to connect an 115v ac controlled relay connected to the EAC terminial. I have been searching the net for a drawing and can not find one. Does anyone have a drawing or know where I can get one. Thanks 3357jta

Old 12-11-11, 08:51 PM
Why do you want do this?

To be honest, I've doen this set up on mine, and a lot of water was wasted since there is no heat to help with the evaporation of the water. The unit ran almost non-stop, then I switch it to heat only and it ran less, and the level was kept.

Old 12-11-11, 09:58 PM
We run our pellet stove 90% of the time. We had wood floors installed on the first floor (we usually do all work ourselves) this time we used a flooring guy. We have gaps between the flooring now so the flooring guy said to got more humidity in the house. I was wanting to use the humidifier with the fan on the unit to try and humidify the house currently we are running 25% in the house. You may have a better idea. Thanks

Old 12-12-11, 07:47 AM
Do you run the furnace fan all the time now?

Is the stove using the house air for it to run or does it have an outside air pipe?

You can give this a shot, and see if it helps, and hook up to hot water to help as well.

You can either add a relay, but I'd suggest adding a transformer on the EAC port.

Old 12-12-11, 06:24 PM
I do not run the furnace fan now mt thermostat has a circulate selection I tried it and it will run periodicaly. The pellet stove uses the room air for the blower. I think I will have to add a relay to the EAC port the humidifier only runs if heat or air is selected not fan mode. Do you have a wiring diagram for this installiation? I think the humidity is good in the house but the flooring guy wants to try adding humidity to see if the wood flooring will go back togeather. This would only be temporary.
I do appreicate your help. JTA

Old 12-12-11, 07:39 PM
Ok, so you want the humidistat to force the fan on when it needs humidity?

What humidistat do you have now, and where is it placed?

Old 12-12-11, 08:06 PM
It is model number 884021B and it is above the humidifier in the return duct.

Old 12-12-11, 08:17 PM
The down fall about this is the humidistat is not going to get a good reading of the living space.

I'd move it next to the t-stat, or upgrade the stat that has a built in humidistat control, and some higher end line can force the fan on for you when there's call for humidity.

Old 12-12-11, 09:13 PM
The current thermostat is a Honeywell VisionPro TH8000 Series. Sadley it does not have the humidity function that I can tell. Do you have a recomendation? I suppose I would need to pull wires for the humidity part.

Old 12-13-11, 06:40 AM
True, you'll have to upgrade to the VP 9000 IAQ series, and that one you don't need to fish any wire up, since the control will be mounted near the furnace.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: