Honeywell Remote Humidifier

Old 12-28-11, 12:06 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Remote Humidifier

Looking at placing a humidifer on my gas furnace in the attic. The best option looks to be the Honeywell Remote Humidifer. Is there any other brand I should consider?

If I have to extend the tubing on the 20ft remote mount kit to add 5 feet what type of tubing should I use? Lastly The attic has insulated flex duct. To install the injection port do I justcut a slot in the insulation drill through the plenum at any location or is the lowest the best? Seal what I did with aluminum tape?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-11, 06:21 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
NO!!!! Humidifiers should NEVER EVER NEVER be installed in an attic, even if you dont get freezing temperatures!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-11, 08:20 AM
C
i agree they shouldnt be placed in the attic.

This unit is remote. The only part running into the attic is a insulated hot steam line that is insulated.

Old 12-29-11, 03:41 PM
That is still not OK in my book. If you are t talking about the honeywell true steam then I recommend that you do a lot of research before purchasing a product

Old 12-30-11, 07:45 AM
C
yes soon after I posted I did some research and the truesteam is not a recommended unit. How is the aprilarie 800 unit?

Old 12-30-11, 02:29 PM
I like the unit(AA 800). It has simple maintenance (but I think it may be expensive) of replacing the tank every heating season.

Old 12-30-11, 04:18 PM
Received 8 Votes on 8 Posts
True steam not recommended? Haven't heard this one! We have had great luck with them. There the only way to go IMO.

Old 12-31-11, 03:01 AM
True steam not recommended? Haven't heard this one! We have had great luck with them. There the only way to go IMO.
I dont recommend them at all. I have had no luck with them. All kinds of errors. My company has never installed them. It is always a call where others have installed them and dont know how to repair them. Also doing research on them you will find there are a lot of problems out there. Just my experience, but I don't recommend them.