aprilair 600 isn't working - no water going through

Old 01-14-12, 09:04 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
aprilair 600 isn't working - no water going through

First of all, I am a complete newbie at all home projects, so please be gentle. I have an Aprilair 600 that was installed several years ago by a professional. It worked well for years. I just now noticed that this year it does not seem to be working - my temp gauge says 21% humidity and I have the unit set for 40% (while I'm trying to figure out the problem) I do not see any water at all trickling through the tube coming out of the bottom of the unit. I tried the test button (while the furnace was on) and nothing. I replace the water filter a month or so ago - could I have messed something up then?

Should I assume there is a clog in the water line somewhere? I see a tube running from my hot water heater to the humidifier - should I unscrew this and check for clogs? Anything I need to know before doing this?

Old 01-14-12, 09:14 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Does the solenoid click as you rotate the dial on the humidistat past the current RH in the home? Shut the water line feeding the humidifier off. remove the water line from the solenoid. Using a long 1/4" screw insert it into the solenoid turning clockwise. Pull the screw out. You should have remove a screen. Is it dirty/plugged? Remove the line from the other side of the solenoid valve. Inside the water line should be an orifice. Is it dirty/plugged? Using a wire or a needle you can open it up. DO NOT make the hold bigger. You can purchase both the strainer and the orifice at a number of websites that sell aprilaire parts. If neither of these are dirty/plugged, slowly open the water line from the Water heater (while still disconnected from the solenoid) to make sure that the valve is not plugged up. It could also be that the solenoid has failed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: