Aprilaire 600 bypass and himidistat installation

Old 02-22-12, 01:40 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 600 bypass and humidistat installation

Hi I'm new to this forum and just bought Aprilaire 600. And just make sure everything is right before I will install. First about the bypass 6" pipe can I install each end not at the same level as shown in the picture

And don't know the height of "A coil" may be I will hit when I try cut holes.

And where do I connect Gf from the humidistat because in installation manual it will be connected to G in the furnace. And in the furnace there's no only G on it. It has GC and GH(was jumpered to R) as shown in the picture.

Thank you.

Last edited by keanix; 02-22-12 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-23-12, 07:17 AM
You got the lay out correct.. The only thing I'd look into is your A/C coil. I am guessing you may have A/C in your home? Is the lines from the A/C going into the back side of the duct?

I would not suggest hooking up the G since you are not going to gain much by forcing the fan to come on to add humidity into the home. So ignore the Gf hook up

Old 02-23-12, 09:20 AM
K
Yes I have A/C and connection is at the right side when looking at the first picture previously post.But here the picture of A/C connection going outside.

What I'm worrying is making the the 6" hole on the plenum. Would you think the location is right or I need to up a little.
About the Gf connecting to G does it mean if I connect it humidifier will also run if fan only (without heat) is running.
Thank you Jay11J for your response.

Old 02-23-12, 09:47 AM
You should be ok there since the coil is going in on the side of the duct than front or back. Just cut a small hole with care, and take a peek in it to make sure the A coil is going side way than front to back.

Yes, if you hook up the G Gf up, it will force the fan to run to add humidity if the level is low. Honestly, it not going to do much good with room air temp blowing over the pad vs hot air when the heat is running.

Old 02-24-12, 10:32 AM
K
This humidifier include 24vac transformer and i don't find easy way to connect inside the furnace. So can I just connect to an outlet by putting male plug but I still enclosed the transformer in electrical box.Can I use the thermostal wire to connect from transformer to solenoid valve.
Thank you again Jay.

Old 02-24-12, 12:37 PM
The transformer should outside the box if it's a male plug in type.

yes, you can use t-stat wires to hook this control up.

Old 02-25-12, 12:39 PM
K
Sorry Jay I'm still confused. Below is the recommended wiring on the manual.

In the diagram I connect a line from G thermostat to G furnace this is my connection right now. So I leave it like that and I will not connect any wire to/from G and Gf in humidistat if I only use humidifier on heating only. Is it what you mean on your prevoius post.
Jay can you please explain what the recommended wiring will do on the humidifier. So I will know if I change something in the future.
Thank you Jay for you help.

Old 02-25-12, 01:43 PM
In the diagram I connect a line from G thermostat to G furnace this is my connection right now. So I leave it like that and I will not connect any wire to/from G and Gf in humidistat if I only use humidifier on heating only. Is it what you mean on your prevoius post.

Yes, that is correct.

Jay can you please explain what the recommended wiring will do on the humidifier. So I will know if I change something in the future.
There's only two wires going to the humidifier, one is your "hot" wire, and other is your "common" wire. NOt much more you can do with these two wires in the future.

Old 03-01-12, 11:58 AM
K
Humidifier is been running already since installed and just wondering that humidity can't go more than 30% 'til the temperature will be reach and furnace shut off. Damper was fully open and the humidistat is at 7. I had only 1200 sq.ft home.

Jay as I mention on my previous that I can't install the 24vac transformer inside the furnace I just connect it after the switch to the furnace as shown in the picture. Is it okay? And I got 28vac on the transformer output. Is that fine?

Old 03-01-12, 12:59 PM
How long of a run time are you getting?

Is there any pipes coming into the home from the outside?

You are fine with that box you got.. Just as long you can get into it if you need to trouble shoot something.

Old 03-01-12, 07:51 PM
K
Runtime was 15 min as heat kicks in 'til the blower stop. I start again from 1 then increase 1 in the dial every time heat kicks in 'til reach to max "7". I will try to find and buy a humidity meter so i can compare the humidity in the living space to humidistat reading. Would you think it gives little help by letting blower run if humidity is not reach.As of now 33% was the highest I got while heat is running. Oh I don't have pipe coming from outside.

Old 03-01-12, 08:01 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
are you using hot water?! Your situation is the very reason why I dont like humidistats mounted in the return. You need to let the humidity soak into the home. It will take days to bring it up.

Old 03-01-12, 09:33 PM
K
Yes i'm using hot water. Maybe you're right and I wait for a week and see what will happen. Thankss again Jay.

Old 03-02-12, 06:31 AM
K
Thanks hvactechfw. I will rewire my connection so i can activate blower and see if it can
still up the rh.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: