Aprilaire Humidifier Wiring Question

Old 08-20-12, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire Humidifier Wiring Question

Hi,
I've done some searching here and found some good wiring diagrams referencing the Aprilaire 600 with a Model 60 controller. I have a few more questions:

1) There is a wiring diagram posted by hvactechfw in this post:
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/hu...hallenges.html

that shows the humidifier getting power from the 24V HUM connection. The Aprilaire 600 also comes with a 24V transformer. I don't have a HUM connection on my furnace control, but is there a reason that I can't just use the 24V power from the R terminal of my furnace control?

2) I have an oil burner furnace with a Honeywell control box that the red and white wires from the thermostat connect to. Is it correct that I would add a wire from the white of the oil burner control box to the W terminal on the Model 60 humidistat, and connect the R and C of the furnace control to the R & C terminals on the Model 60 humidistat?

Below are diagrams of the current wiring and the wiring as I understand it with the humidifier.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Images   

Last edited by 440dodge440; 08-20-12 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added current wiring & wiring as I understand it with humidifier
Old 08-20-12, 10:40 PM
Received 45 Votes on 39 Posts
deleted----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by user 10; 08-20-12 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-21-12, 07:07 AM
You could try from the burner's W for it, and "steal" the R and C from the board. If things start acting up. (Fire up for no reason, or cycles on and off rapidly) then you will need to use the power transformer for power.

Old 08-21-12, 05:07 PM
Thanks...I guess it's not a real big deal, but the fewer components the better....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: