Aprilaire 500 Humidifier Mounting Location

Old 12-14-12, 10:51 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 500 Humidifier Mounting Location

Purchased an Aprilaire 500 humidifier to help alleviate my family's sinus problems. I use to be an electrician and am fully capable of installing this unit but when It came to mounting location I scratched my head a little. After some research I discovered that it was ok to mount the humidifier on the return duct but Im still not sure where to pipe the bypass connection from on the supply side. My friend that is an HVAC guy said to come off the supply duct but that would be after it T's above my A-coil, and I was under the assumption that is had to be on the main supply trunk. [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-12, 06:24 PM
You can mount the unit on the side, then run the bypass up to one of the supply truck going across the ceiling/floor joist.

Old 12-16-12, 07:03 PM
J
Yea I was planning on mounting the unit by my level in the pic on the main return, but was unsure if running the bypass off of one of the horizontal supplys was ok, Thanks for the Info.

Old 12-16-12, 07:24 PM
Yes you are fine of putting the bypass duct on one of those duct. The humidity is added into the air in the return duct, so it will be mixed well, for the whole house to get it.