How to wire Honeywell HE360A and Nest 2.0 Thermostat

Old 01-09-13, 10:16 PM
How to wire Honeywell HE360A and Nest 2.0 Thermostat

Is there anyone can help to wire Honeywell HE360A and Nest 2.0 Thermostat? I went though all related posts on this website, but wanted to make sure that everything is done properly. My HE360A is powered from furnace board as shown on the picture below. 2 yellow wires from solenoid valve connected to the humidistat mounted on the wall. I also attached picture of the wiring setup on the thermostat itself. I have Y,G,W,R + C wire ( C is not shown on the pic). Do I still need relay to eliminate humidistat and to control humidity with Nest or can I just run wires from solenoid valve: one to the 24V C terminal on the furnace board and another to * terminal on the thermostat? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-13, 07:40 AM
You will need a relay, and that will be taking place of the humidistat now.

Then the * from the Nest goes to the coil side, and other side of the coil goes to C at the furnace.

Old 01-11-13, 07:50 AM
Thank you for your help. I will order one. Just to confirm: humidifier will still be getting power from the furnace board and I don't to make any other changes besides adding relay as per diagram below? Thanks again!

Attached Images  
Old 01-11-13, 07:59 AM
Correct, no other changes is needed.

Old 01-11-13, 08:08 AM
Thank you for your time and prompt responses!

Old 01-18-13, 09:33 PM
Quick update. Couldn't find 6AZU2 relay in Canada. Ordered it on on Amazon.com for around $13. Had it shipped to my address in Buffalo and picked it up earlier today. It took me 30 min to rewire all setup in accordance to diagram. Everything is up and running perfectly. This thing is amazing. I wish it could adjust humidity levels according to outside temperature. Thank you for you help!

Old 01-19-13, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the update, and yeah that's one of a couple things is a downfall on this product.