Wiring a nest 2nd generation thermostat to a humidifier

Old 01-19-13, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring a nest 2nd generation thermostat to a humidifier

Hi guys, I recently purchased a 2nd generation nest thermostat, and I'm attempting to wire it to my humidifier. I am very much a beginner...searching on this forum there is already a lot of information about this topic. What I've found confusing is that it is quite fragmented and it's somewhat difficult to get a complete picture. From what I can tell there are 2 different configurations you could use to wire your nest to your humidifier....which way is right for you depends on if you have a powered humidifier or a bypass humidifier. The way to tell the difference is that a bypass humidifier simply has a solenoid, while a powered humidifier will have a transformer and a fan. If you have a bypass humidifier the wiring is quite simple, but if you have a powered humidifier you will have to get an additional relay to make it work. I've attached an image which shows how to wire each configuration. And again, I am not an expert...if I've gotten something wrong can someone that actually knows how it works please correct me?...or even better confirm if I've gotten it right? Thanks!

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-13, 05:04 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, you got that correct.