Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
Reload this Page >

Generalaire Flow Through Humidifier - Operating Questions and Humidity Issues

Old 11-13-13, 08:58 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I had the Generalaire 1042 series installed with the Generalaire MHX3 humidistat. I am a bit confused on its operation and am hoping you all can help me out.

1) It has a dial humidistat that goes from "Off" --> 10 --> 75 --> "On". The manual recommends setting the humidistat at a lower percentage the lower the outdoor air temp is. Ex: -20 F = 15% and +30 F = 40%. The setting seems counterintuitive. Logically, I want to set it at 50% (as in to say stay on until indoor humidity equals 50%). But am I correct that based on recommended settings I should be setting it much lower, say 20%, which tells the humidifier to kick on when what happens exactly?

2) I have had it set around the 45% mark, which based on recommended settings of 40% when it is +30 F is about right, but indoor humidity is staying down around 26%. Right this moment it is 33 degrees outside, 49% outdoor humidity, and 26% indoor. I have had the humidifier set on 45% for a week and nothing has changed. I just don't know how to get the humidity up.

Thanks for the help

Old 11-13-13, 10:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,403 Votes on 1,298 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

What happens when you put the humidistat in on mode ? Does humidity rise ?

With the humdistat in on mode it will run continuously when the fan runs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: