Installing 700a "below" ac coils - it it okay?

Old 02-04-14, 10:55 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing 700a "below" ac coils - it it okay?

First post here, but have been reading threads for couple of weeks to get familiar with the forums and especially with issues around installs of whole house humidifiers. My question doesn't seem to have come up here before - is it okay to install the AprilAire 700a beneath the ac coils?.

I have Lennox G26 furnace blowing hot air up into a 1.5 ft section of spacer before meeting the ac coils. The ac coils section is right at the top of the vertical run and this 1.5 ft section between the furnace and ac coil box is well exposed for the humidifier mounting. Of course, my other option is to install on the return side, but it sounds from my readings on here that install on the supply side is preferred (with humidistat/controller installed on return side).

So, if I install on supply side, the hot air coming out of furnace would first hit the humidifier, then travel through ac coils, then to rest of house. I do not anticipate ever using the humidifier in the warm months.

Many thanks for your kind input.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-14, 07:36 AM
If you got the room for it there, then no reason why you can't install it there.

Old 02-27-14, 07:20 AM
J
Always keep in mind you do not want to block the existing airflow as it may damage your existing unit. My sugesstion is to contact the manufacture for both units to find out exacly what the air flow requirement spec are.