Aprilaire 700 to Dual zone geo

Old 05-14-14, 12:56 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 700 to Dual zone geo

Hello friends. I have searched the forum and haven't been able to find answers to my questions, please bear with me as I babble. I am in need of help answering a few questions that are well above my head. I am in the process of installing an Aprilaire 700 on a ClimateMaster geo unit controlled by a Honeywell TotalZone 4. I have two zones, each with their own thermostat and they are separated via an automatic damper.

The wiring for the Honeywell unit can be found on page 11 here:

https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/68-0000s/68-0259.pdf

I do have a transformer that powers the damper and is connected to the board (27VAC).

Thermostat 1 must be significantly “higher tech” than number two, based on the wire number superiority of one.

I would like to use the automatic function of the humidistat and have run the wire to the outdoor sensor.

My zone one is the main living area, zone 2 is the basement. We never run the fan in manual.

My questions are:

1. Can I use the damper transformer to power the solenoid as well?

2. Which thermostat should I use to connect the humidistat?

3. I should piggyback W, C, and R from the (whichever zone you say) thermostat?

4. The shenanigans with the G wire are to allow the humidistat to assume dual control of the fan with the thermostat, allowing either/or to call for the fan, correct?

5. Is there a computer help section? I could do some work there.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Old 05-14-14, 04:46 AM
S
Nevermind number five, I found it!

Old 05-14-14, 11:31 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,338 Upvotes on 2,997 Posts
1. Can I use the damper transformer to power the solenoid as well?
A - I would not recommend it.
2. Which thermostat should I use to connect the humidistat?
A - Your primary house one.
3. I should piggyback W, C, and R from the (whichever zone you say) thermostat?
A - Yes
4. The shenanigans with the G wire are to allow the humidistat to assume dual control of the fan with the thermostat, allowing either/or to call for the fan, correct?
A - Here on the site, the consensus of the pros is to not allow the humidifier to turn the blower on.
5. Is there a computer help section? I could do some work there.
A - Good thing you answered this as I'm not sure what you are asking.

Old 05-14-14, 12:10 PM
S
TY Pjmax!

Concerning number four, may I ask what the pros/cons are? I'm replacing a Honeywell unit that was connected to power and a humidistat. It caused some serious moisture issues as the humidity in my house varied greatly. I was really looking forward to the sampling and correcting feature of this unit.

Old 05-14-14, 01:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,338 Upvotes on 2,997 Posts
There is not enough transfer of moisture if the air is not heated rendering the humidistat calling for the fan a wasteful situation.

It's pretty normal for the humidity to vary greatly regardless of what the humidifier companies claim. The outside air temperature, humidity and wind speed can play havoc with the humidity level inside a house based on the amount of air infiltration.

Old 05-14-14, 02:22 PM
S
Understood! Thank you for your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: