Using Nest 2.0 with Bryany Evolution System

Old 08-17-14, 02:33 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Using Nest 2.0 with Bryant Evolution System

Hello,

I just bought a nest and would like to install it. I currently Have a Bryant 355CAV Furnace with 3 stage heating as well as a whole house humidifier, which as far as i can tell does not have a humidistat. Currently the ac, which is a bryant single stage ac, and furnace are controlled by a Bryant Evo stat.

I have already ran new wire for the nest to control the A/C and Furnace utilizing Y/Y2, G, C, W1, W2, and R on the nest.

I have a couple of questions.

1. I noticed that my fan always runs on "high" since the installation. I know my bryant furnace uses a variable speed fan and was wondering if there is anyway to get this capability with the nest.

2. Currently the humidifier is hooked up using a relay with a red and white wire coming from the humidifier and into the relay. Then there is a red and white wire going from the relay and the red wire goes into the "HUM" slot on the furance but not the 24V terminals, there is only a slot for DEHUM on the 24v terminals. The other white wire coming from the relay then goes to the C terminal on the 24v terminal. What is the proper way to setup this humidifier with the nest?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Last edited by Matt Simms; 08-17-14 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-20-14, 10:08 PM
Received 57 Upvotes on 50 Posts
My advice: Return the nest and use the evolution t-stat.

The nest won't control the 3-stage heat properly. As far as i'm concerned it's an overpriced pos. Don't cripple a nice furnace with what amounts to a consumer-grade retail t-stat.

Old 08-20-14, 10:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I know my bryant furnace uses a variable speed fan and was wondering if there is anyway to get this capability with the nest.
The nest is not designed for this type of multi stage/variable operation. It looks pretty but it won't effectively control your system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: