Help with Aprilaire 400 wiring

Old 11-19-14, 08:58 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with Aprilaire 400 wiring

Hi everyone,
I'm not sure whether anyone will look at this old thread, but I have do have couple of questions regarding the subject above... I'll be installing my model 400 this upcoming weekend in the Manual mode. Do I still need to wire the transformer to "continuously power the solenoid valve" or will connecting the humidistat terminals R and C to the furnace board terminals R & C with 24V feed will be all that's required? Also, in order to work in the manual mode, do I simply follow the wiring diagram from the model 60 humidistat supplied with the humidifier with the exception of actually connecting the outdoor probe? Any clarification regarding these would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-14, 09:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I moved you to a new thread. The one you posted was from the archive graveyard.
You can follow the diagram below. You don't need to use the outside sensor but you may have to connect a resistor to those terminals, if supplied with unit.

Name:  400.jpg
Views: 10357
Size:  34.0 KB

Old 11-20-14, 06:42 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the prompt response. Would it be possible, though, to use the R & C terminals on the furnace board and piggy back on the cables already connected there to actually feed the 24VAC to the solenoid instead of using the external transformer? As I understand, these accessory terminals provide continuous 24VAC as well.

Old 11-20-14, 07:10 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
You are asking your furnace transformer to power the furnace, the electronic humidistat and the humidifier. It is possible but does put a strain on the factory transformer.