Aprilaire 700m to Bryant 355CAV wiring help

Old 01-11-15, 01:30 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 700m to Bryant 355CAV wiring help

Hello, new to the forum here, and thanks in advance for any advise. I'm looking to replace my Aprilaire 500M with a 700M. I have a grounded outlet that I will be using near the furnace for powering the fan. I'm hoping that I can just get away with using the existing wiring. Can I just attach the red and white wire that are now connected to the 2 yellow wires, to the 2 brown wires coming out of the 700M? If so, they (brown) don't seem to be marked differently, does it matter which is connected to which? It seems to be a straight forward hookup as it is now, with just the red and white running thru the manual control to the furnace and connected to HUM and 24com. If I have it all wrong...feel free to let me know. Attached a pic of my setup as it is now..

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-15, 05:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Your are in luck.... the 500 and 700 both operate on the same wiring principle. You can move the red and white wires from one unit to the other. Since it's AC there is no polarity for connection.

Old 01-11-15, 08:48 PM
W
Thanks!! I was just going to try the simple swap out with my fingers crossed, but thought a quick confirmation wouldn't hurt. I pretty handy, but don't have a lot of electrical experience. Now I'm looking forward to the project

Old 01-17-15, 06:17 AM
W
Thanks again for the help. Easy peasy, hardest part was the cutting. I tried to install with the existing controller, but that was a no go and I'm guessing the source of the original problem. Swapped it out for the new one, and its been great. Looks great too, without all that extra duct work! A pick of the new...Name:  20150117_090424_resized.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  22.9 KB