Wiring Aprilaire 60 humidistat

Old 01-15-15, 01:21 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring Aprilaire 60 humidistat

I recently installed Aprilaire 700 humidifier with model 60 humidistat. Wired it all the way it showed in drawing and everything seems to be working correctly. The only exception is after a while the humidistat starts making a constant clicking noise, seems to be after heating is done but furnace and humidifier is still running. I also have a whole house ventilation system installed that is wired in there. If I turn ventilation system to bypass, clicking stops, but furnace just keeps running, or if I turn down humidity it stops clicking and turns off. I am not sure if I have to wire something different, or I need to set ventilation system on furnace or thermostat differently during heating season. I appreciate any help. Not a heating guy but process went really smooth except this clicking noise.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-15, 02:22 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
I'm not sure about the clicking and how you wired your humidistat but in the following diagram is the method I use and recommend. I don't recommend allowing the humidistat to turn on the blower and humidifying without the furnace generating heated air.

Name:  500A and 600A.jpg
Views: 7785
Size:  33.1 KB

Old 01-18-15, 05:28 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the wiring drawing. It helps but I still am not sure with the whole house ventilation wired in there how it all goes together. It is a Honeywell whole house ventilation system and I know that's where problem is because if I switch ventilation to bypass and then back on, the clicking in humidistat stops. Thanks

Old 01-18-15, 09:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Can you describe how that unit is wires at the control board or maybe take a picture for me ?