Wiring Honeywell HE265A humidifier to run with the blower

Old 01-19-15, 01:33 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wiring Honeywell HE265A humidifier to run with the blower

I have a Trane furnace (UY100R9V4W) that has a variable speed inducer and variable speed blower and two stage heating. My humidifier is a Honeywell HE265A that has an H8908B humidistat. Currently, the humidistat runs only when the burners are lit (transformer connected to HUM terminal). I would like the humidifier to run when the blower is running. I believe that if I have the transformer connected to the EAC terminal instead of the HUM terminal, then the humidifier would run when the blower is running. Am I corect on that?
If I change the connection point, I am concerned about an instruction in the humidistat Installation Procedures (found here -- http://docs.electronicaircleaners.co...stallation.pdf) which reads: "On multispeed blower applications, do not wire the high voltage side of the transformer to the same power source that services the furnace blower. Premature transformer burnout can occur." With my furnace having a variable speeds, is this a problem?
TIA,
A4Skyhawk

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-15, 10:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,121 Votes on 1,041 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You can connect to the EAC terminal. That voltage is a stable 120vac when blower is on.

Honeywell doesn't want you to connect to the blower wiring as it's not always 120vac with a variable speed blower system.

Old 01-20-15, 08:22 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I made the change and everything seems to be working as expected.
A4Skyhawk