Aprilaire Aire 800 with the model 62 humidistat

Old 02-05-15, 11:54 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Aprilaire Aire 800 with the model 62 humidistat

I was going to start a thread and came across this one which happened to have the same furnace NCM300 control panel. Does anyone have a sketch of how to wire this aprilaire 800 WITH the humidstat installed. I would like the humidifier to come on if the humidstat is calling for humidty whether the heat is on or off. It is two zone system. Basically I just want to have it installed the way it should be, but tech support was not helpful at all saying that we would have to call EWC and they say call Aprilaire. The humidistst that comes with the system is the same Aprilaire 62 mentioned in this thread.

thank you.

Taken from: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/hu...-question.html

Last edited by PJmax; 02-05-15 at 04:48 PM. Reason: corrected link
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-15, 04:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Always best to start a new thread so that any replies are geared directly to you.

You want the humidistat to also turn the blower on if the h'stat calls for humidity. That may be a problem. Right now your thermostat(s) tell the NCM control board which dampers to open depending on which zone is calling for heat. If there is no call for heat there may be no dampers left open.

The manufacturer's recommend the humidistat turn the blower on, regardless of heating.
I don't agree with that as I find that cool air doesn't carry enough humidity to make it cost effective. However, with the steam system like you have.. it would probably be effective but is it really needed ?

I'm going to think on this. Add any more info that you think is helpful.

Old 02-05-15, 05:31 PM
N
Hello PJMax,

Maybe i confused the wording. I had originally attached my post to another regarding the 800 which you suggested a fan relay so that the humidstat went on anytime the fan went on...........

......I want to hook up the same machine (aprilaire 800) with the HUMIDISTAT (which they were going to bypass and use the fan relay instead) and I want to hook up the Aprilaire 62 to the NCM Panel........

I'd like it to turn on when it needs humidity, but if that's not what its supposed to do, I just want to hook it up the way it is supposed to be.............and then I guess whenever the heat goes on with either zone, IF THE HUMIDISTAT is calling for humidity, the humidifier will go on.....

Is that helpful or more confusing???

Old 02-05-15, 06:36 PM
Group Moderator
I'm still looking into a diagram for the NCM.

Can you take a picture of the NCM ? I need to see what wires are connected at the bottom left corner where it says "system connections".

Old 02-05-15, 07:15 PM
N
It is the same one that you oosted in the other thread. I could not get my photo to upload due to size so I copied that one and this is it.....Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  40.4 KB

Old 02-05-15, 07:28 PM
Group Moderator
Yes.... I see the terminal block in the picture. I need to know what is connected to your block.
If you can't take a picture..... tell me what color is on each screw terminal.

Old 02-06-15, 05:46 AM
N
Wires connected

Ok, still couldnt get the photo to upload cause of size....but these are whats connected:

Going down from top left side:

ZONE 3 MOTOR
M6. --
M4. --
M2. --
M1. --

ZONE 2 MOTOR
M6. Green
M4. White
M2. --
M1. Red

ZONE 1 MOTOR
M6. Green
M4. White
M2. --
M1. Red

24 VAC TFORMER
R. White
C. Red

SYSTEM
W2/E. --
W1/B. White
O. Blue
Y. Yellow
G. Green
RH. Red
RC. --
C. --

Thats it! Thanks

Old 02-06-15, 05:53 PM
Group Moderator
One last thing.... I see blue connected to O. Is this a heatpump ?

I'm going to guess a heat pump with backup electric heat coils ?

If it is a heatpump then we may need to use the fan to activate the humidistat instead of heat. Technically in the winter the fan will only come on with a call for heat.

The reason I'm leaning this way is because heat pump heating mode is A/C compressor (Y) activated and reversing valve (O) activated. The W1 wire is only activated for the electric heat.

Old 02-06-15, 06:29 PM
N
No, its not a heat pump. It is a propane furnace with 2 zones and air conditioning with outside compressor/condenser.

Old 02-07-15, 08:18 AM
Group Moderator
Ok. The diagram below should be what you need. The humidistat should bring the fan on, even without heat, to raise humidity level.

Name:  800A_custom.jpg
Views: 3693
Size:  28.1 KB