Wiring Aprilaire 60 Humidistat to a Carrier Comfort 92 Furnace

Old 02-07-15, 11:54 AM
Wiring Aprilaire 60 Humidistat to a Carrier Comfort 92 Furnace

I am having a problem getting my Aprilaire 400 Humidifier working. The installation went well until I wired up the Model 60 Humidistat. After checking things out, I found out the 24V transformer that was supplied from Aprilaire was not working, so I tried to use a 24V terminal on the furnace for the power to the solenoid. So far that hasn't went too well. Is there anyway this is possible? I have a DHUM terminal, but that doesn't seem to have any voltage coming out of it at anytime. The Model of my furnace is Carrier Comfort 92, Model # 58MXB100-F-10116. I also am planning on running it manually without the outdoor sensor.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-15, 10:39 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

The wiring is slightly involved. Make sure you understand the diagram and if you have any questions.... ask them first.

Name:  400.jpg
Views: 7234
Size:  33.3 KB

The R, C, and W connections between the humidistat and the control board must be connected as shown.

The other wiring from R and C to the H terminals, the solenoid, and the float switch is not as important. There is no particular order or certain color wire needed for that wiring.

Old 02-08-15, 01:39 PM
Tried out your wiring diagram and so far so good. I really want to thank you for the prompt response and the accuracy of your help. I was going nuts on this thing and you've saved my sanity. It's great having a place like this to go to that has people with the knowledge to help us rookies like you.

Thanks again, Techie33

Old 02-08-15, 02:08 PM
Group Moderator
You're welcome and thanks for letting us know how you made out !