Aprilaire 600 humidifier

Old 02-28-15, 11:46 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 600 humidifier

Sorry for making yet another thread, but none of the ones posted so far have answered my questions.

I have everything done but the wiring. My furnace (goodman) has a jumper for 24v humidifier wiring. I've tried wiring the C from the furnace to the humidoostat then from the jumper to the R, and the Hs to the humidifier. But it won't run and I only got power in the stat when the furnace actually kicked on.

I then went from the furnace R and C directly to the humidistat, then the jumper to one of the Hs , then jumper from the humidistat C to the last H. Now the humidostat has power all the time, but it still isn't doing anything. It ran when I put it into the test phase, but won't now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-15, 01:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,112 Votes on 1,032 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Don't apologize.... you did good. You read thru the threads.... your question was not answered and you posted your own thread.

Just one quick thing on the automatic humidistats..... when you change operation mode you need to power it down and then back up to reset it.

With the automatic stat you really don't need the HUM terminals but you do need three wires from the furnace to the humidistat. Are you using the separate 24vac transformer that came with the unit ?

Old 02-28-15, 02:44 PM
B
Thanks for the quick response PJMax. My error was in not having three wires from the furnace to the humidistat. I had the R and C, but not the W. Once we got that in it worked like a charm. It was my mistake, I was going off of someone else's diagram which left out the W wire. I'll try and diagram how we got it working so anyone else with the same problem can fix it.

Furnace. . . . . . . . . . .Humidistat . . . . . . . . . . . .Humidifier
R -------------------------- R
C -------------------------- C
w ------------------------- W
24v Jumper ------------------------------------------- Yellow
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .H ------------------------- Yellow
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . H x C (with jumper)

Basically the way I think of it is 2 separate units (Humidistat and Humidifier) with 2 separate power sources (Furnace Control Board and ID/Gas Control Valve with the jumper cable). You can jump the H to the C in the humidistat because the C basically acts like a "white" electrical line and completes the circuit for the H's.

Old 02-28-15, 04:50 PM
Group Moderator
So you followed this wiring method....

Name:  600A_T.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  31.4 KB

Old 02-28-15, 05:28 PM
B
Sort of. I only have 2 wires from my thermostat (r and c), and I didn't write it directly from the furnace control board to the humidifier itself (jumper wire from the gas 24v switch).

I guess I should have looked harder for this diagram! Thank you.

Last edited by Boese83; 02-28-15 at 05:32 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 02-28-15, 05:50 PM
Group Moderator
There is a duplicate thread running right now with this drawing in it. The only reason I'm not a real fan of wiring a humidifier this way as it uses the furnace transformer. As long as the transformer is 40va there should be no problem. Many furnaces have only a 20va or 30va in them.