Nest Thermostat and Carrier/Totaline P110-LBP2317

Old 07-14-15, 07:01 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nest Thermostat and Carrier/Totaline P110-LBP2317

Good evening,

I have moved into a new house and am attempting to hook up my Nest thermostat to my system. It is a fairly straightforward forced air gas system, central a/c, but the only hiccup I am running into is the whole house humidifier. It is a Carrier/Totaline P110-LBP2317 humidifier that was wired into the previous Bryant thermostat with one wire into the Humid location. Wiring the humidifier into the * location in the nest is not an issue, and i don't believe since it was already wired to the thermostat that I should have to worry about relays or anything like that, but I was hoping someone would be able to advise what the pro settings should be set at for this humidifier. I am having problems finding any information that would lead me to the answers. Should the fan setting in the nest be set to activated and should the setting be hum + heat or just hum?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-15, 07:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,112 Votes on 1,032 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Congrats on the new purchase.

It's not really a setting dictated by the pro setup. It's more of a personal choice. I wire ALL of my installations for heat and humidity.

Non heated air does not carry enough moisture wasting the energy to run the blower and the waste of water.

Old 07-14-15, 07:32 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the info, I really appreciate it. The way the Nest website and literature reads, it makes it sounds like if those settings are not exactly right, your whole system could breakdown.

whAt you said makes sense about the heat so I am going to set it up so that it is only on with heat, i am also going to choose the setting that the fan is activated when the humidification is engaged, would that be correct as well?

Thank you.