Aprilair 700 no blower activation

Old 11-08-15, 06:41 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilair 700 no blower activation

Hi,
Wired my humidifier per diagram for automatic mode.
Blower activation switch set to on, but when humidistat calls for humidity furnace blower wont turn on, humidifier just keep running.
When termostat calls for heat it will turn on blower (which is currently ran though the himidistat)
Any one else experienced this issue?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-15, 10:51 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I never have that problem as when I install electronic humidistats I don't allow them to control the blower. I've found that it is not cost effective to try to add humidity to cold air.

I'm not sure what the issue is there with yours. You're either going to have to draw a diagram of your wiring or take a few pictures and post them here. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 11-08-15, 02:07 PM
T
Found my problem.
I had R and C wiring swapped.
Once I moved the wires everything started to work as it should.

Old 11-08-15, 02:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
You were lucky you didn't cause any damage.

Old 11-19-15, 02:17 PM
P
Aprilaire 700

Hello, I have similar problems with the installation of the 700 connected to Bryant Evolution thermostat. All wiring is correct as per manual. Test mode works. External 24v connected and works.Unit will not work properly in auto or man modes causing a " communication error message on Evolution thermostat shutting down the furnace.

The problem seems centered around the "G" thermostat wire. Manual says move this wire from evolution thermostat ( located on ABCD block in furnace - pin A) to point "G" on the Humidstat electronic controller. Then, run a wire from Gf from the humistat controller to point " G" on the FURNACE terminal strip. All this was done even reversing wires to no avail.

Does anyone out there know how the Evolution & 700 work together ? I would be happy with manual operation -- when the furnace goes on - the humidifier goes on ( as long a there is a call for humidity). Any input is appreciated. I am technically competent.
Thank you ---