Aprilaire 700a Blower activation not working

Old 11-24-15, 07:14 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 700a Blower activation not working

Need help. I have Aprilaire 700a installed and working from the last few years. I works only when the heat starts and stops when furnace stops heating. Overall its working fine but I would like to use blower activation as the humidity is not getting maintained that well in home.

On the humidistat, I moved the wire from G to GF. With this change, I do see the blower is being switched on by the humidistat but the humidifier does not get switched on neither hear any sound from Solenoid. I am not sure what I am missing here. Other that this, the humidifier is still functioning when the heat gets switched on.

Name:  IMG_2039.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  49.3 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 11-24-15 at 09:12 PM. Reason: reoriented/enhanced pic
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-15, 09:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
For that h'stat to call for the blower to come and operate...... the separate 24vac transformer needs to be used. Normally you need both G connections.... one from thermostat to G and one from Gf back to control board.

I don't wire my humidifier installations to have the h'stat turn the blower on. There is not enough gain in humidity to make it cost effective. At the very least you need to supply the humidifier with hot water.

Old 11-25-15, 09:17 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
thanks PJmax. I will give it a try with hot water if still a problem then look for other option. Also my humidifier is on return due to space restrictions that was the best we could get.