Honeywell True Steam humidifier problem

Old 01-12-16, 06:53 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell True Steam humidifier problem

Hi

I am Mike, new here.

I bought a house recently that has a True Steam humidifier by Honeywell.
It does act up from time to time requiring me press reset or call maintenance, but a week ago it developed a leak (slow drip) between the bucket and solenoid valve.

I pulled the bucket out, emptied it, noticed the nipple has theflon tape wrapped around, which means it had problems before as it has its own seal. Also the solenoid valve has some scaling inside that I suspect was breaking the seal. I tried to clean it with Qtips and vinegar but not too good.

Now I called a service given to me in Honeywell by name, I told them what model I had, today they came, gape at it awhile, said they do not install or service these and went away.

So. I know the solenoid valve is $43, and the bucket is $75.
I can easily do it myself but what I do not know if all these tubes, mostly PVC (water feed) and one thick rubber tube (seems to be overflow) need any cement/lube when connected.
And.....do I need the whole bucket or the nipple with seal gaskets is available on its own (did not see it online, seems to be a part of the bucket).

Anyone with experience in these?

The exact model is HM512A1000

Best

Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-16, 07:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,112 Votes on 1,032 Posts
Welcome to the forums Mike.

Your "Call for Service LED" is blinking. You had service come in and it's still blinking. Name:  help.gif
Views: 402
Size:  12.3 KB

I'm not real familiar with all those steam units but there aren't many replacement parts for them.

Honeywell-true-steam-humidifier-exploded-view.pdf