Honeywell HE240 opperating odd

Old 01-15-16, 12:19 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell HE240 opperating odd

New to the forum! Having an odd issue with my honeywell 240 humidifier. Took an old general air out that was leaking all over the place. Everything works, but it seems like the humidistat is either on or off. I set it to the outside temp, about 20*F average now so i set it at 25. water wouldnt come on, i turn the dial above 50ish and the water clicks on even if the furnace isnt on and continues to run, i turn it down and it shuts off. so i let it run like that for now to get the house comfotable. I have the pressure switch in the return duct and the humidifier on the supply as the old one was. is this an issue with the humidistat or the pressure switch? This is on a bryant 550aav. old one was hooked directly to the furnace. should i do the same with this one?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-16, 01:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,104 Votes on 1,024 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If the humidifier operates with the blower not running then the pressure switch isn't turning off.
It sounds like the humidistat may have issues too.

You may be able to connect directly to the furnace but you'd still need a good h'stat.

Bryant 550aav ? Can you post the full model number ? It'll be near the burner on an ID tag.

Old 01-26-16, 04:24 PM
J
Sorry for the delay of response. It is a 350aav036080. The the product number is the same with -fbsa added to the end. I just turned it on and let it run for a few days to get it comfortable, but cant keep wasting that much water ya know. But i would like to just get rid of the pressure and hook to hum and com like the old was. How do i do that? Granted i go get a better h'stat

Old 01-26-16, 06:42 PM
Group Moderator
Right.... you could take power from the furnace but it would run every time without a humidistat to control it.

You can run two wires directly to the furnace control board. They will connect to the HUM slide on terminal and the COM/24v screw terminal.

Name:  350.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  35.4 KB

On the back of the pressure switch there should be two wires. I believe they are blue. Remove them from the pressure switch and connect together.

Old 01-27-16, 04:02 PM
J
Ok i just went ahead and wired it with the humidistat in the circuit. Set it at 35 and water come on when furnace fires up. Cut the wires on the back of the pressure switch and tied them together. unfortunetly i dont have a digital humidistat to actually know what the humidity level is in my house. But the water isnt running constantly and im sure the house still needs more humidity so im happy for now. Gonna get a nest installed by a pro in the spring and have tgem tie it in. Thanks forvthe help

Old 01-27-16, 04:19 PM
Group Moderator
Just adding a few percent of humidity is a big plus. Contrary to the myth..... you don't need large amounts of humidity in the house in the winter. People try to approach 45-50%. Not going to happen unless your home is 100% airtight.

I'm always keeping an eye on my windows. If I see any condensation I back it down a little. Condensation on the windows can also mean condensation in the walls.