lobb Wa -2 or 1--humdifier motor

Old 01-20-16, 04:22 AM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
lobb Wa -2 or 1--humdifier motor

I replaced this motor in late 2014. Its red hot now (not turning drum) . This is less than a year later.The first one, and second one, were great for the previous 18 years. What happened?Is there more to checking this problem ,that i missed last year???? OR IS THERE BETTER AND WORSE grades- of this little motor?.Is there a transformer needs checking or replacing?

As always i am very appreciative of your help, bob s

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-16, 09:16 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
If you have a voltmeter..... check the AC voltage that is being supplied to the motor.
It should be near 24vac.

There is nothing else to go bad in the unit.
I'm not familiar with that unit so I can't comment on motor quality but I'm sure there some low cost knockoffs available.

Old 01-21-16, 04:33 AM
B
Its voltage is up around 33 VAC I Fnally got hold of Lobb i told the gal on the other end.I saw prices at $25.00...............and $58.00?/She Colett was her name, wanted a picture ..sent...haven't heard back on this as yet.She says WE supply..... dealers .they charge what they see fit.BUT BOB..buy the cheaper one!/ Lobb telling me this..which in turn says to me . Theres one producer for this motor. i could be wrong .Anyway with this reply can now go get Amotor for this humidifier thanks all.How does this 33VAC sound?.........Burnt up motor? Bob s

Old 01-21-16, 06:18 AM
B
I can't even find one]motor]to go get! This little job is turning into A nightmare bob s .

Old 01-21-16, 11:09 PM
Group Moderator
It looks like Sears may be the last place to get it from. WP-132. Their units used it.

Furnace-mounted Humidifier Drum Drive Motor | Part Number WP132 | Sears Parts Direct

33 vac is pretty high. Is there a dedicated transformer for the humidifier. That voltage could fry the motor.

Old 01-28-16, 05:16 AM
B
The old one is working now. It was catching on the filter as it turned . The adjust; on the clip thats holds the filter away from the motor had slipped. New contact screws -brass- cleaned them up good ..Returned the new motor the next day.My quetion now is . CAN a man buy this motor ANYWHERE!.......... that he just takes it down, and take it up and pay for it? If not .....this world is getting TOO AUTOMATEDI went thru lot of useless retoric trying to get this motor,not here,but from the sources i was dealing with,Can't believe what i went thru.. for this little turd of a motor.THEN SEND IT back ha ha bob s

Old 01-28-16, 10:06 AM
Group Moderator
You need to keep in mind that products get updated and older ones are discontinued. That type of humidifier has been out of production for a while. That motor is considered an obsolete part. It will only become harder to find.